Lidia Zarnescu is a Senior Associate in the Bucharest office and the co-head of the local Employment & Labour Law service line. She focuses on employment & labour law, social security and dispute resolution.
Lidia has significant expertise and an established track record in handling a wide spectrum of employment law issues, including TUPE, disciplinary procedures, termination of employment agreements, mobbing, data protection, and immigration issues. She has also drafted and reviewed a variety of employment-related documents including internal regulations and collective labour agreements.
She has a Ph.D. in Labour and Social Security Law and currently holds the position of Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest. She also participates in professional conferences and regularly publishes books and articles.
Lidia is also specialized in dispute resolution, having coordinated a portfolio of more than 300 labour disputes. She has successfully assisted and represented employers before national courts of law in complex matters, including wrongful termination, patrimonial liability, strikes and work-related accidents.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING*
EMPLOYMENT & LABOUR LAW
- HCL TECHNOLOGIES on various day-to-day employment law matters including collective bargaining agreement, internal regulations, TUPE, disciplinary procedures, termination of employment agreements, recruitment and conclusion of employment agreements, social security rights
- TEMENOS on numerous mandates including collective dismissals, internal regulations, data protection and data security policy at the workplace, employment tax issues etc.
- MAERSK on various employment law matters including an internal reorganization matters and assistance regarding the applicable social security and other employment law matters for Romanian seafarers/officers
- AECOM ENGINEERS & CONSTRUCTORS on day-to-day employment matters including agreements, internal regulations and a collective negotiation process
- ONE OF THE LARGEST PAYMENT-PROCESSING CORPORATION WORLDWIDE on a complex and very sensitive case concerning moral harassment and non-performance issues
- ONE OF THE LARGEST NON-BANKING FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS with more than 1.000 employees on 300+ litigations concerning wrongful termination and patrimonial liability*
- ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT FINANCIAL GROUPS IN ROMANIA on over 1500 litigations against consumers, associations of consumers or authorities protecting the rights of consumers, as well as other complex and sensitive cases concerning moral and material damages claimed by former managers*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar
- 2016 – 2021: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Ph.D. in Labour and Social Security Law
- 2014 – 2015: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, M.A. in Public Procurement
- 2012 – 2013: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, M.A. in Labour Law
- 2007 – 2011: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor's degree
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association
- Controversial issues and proposed solutions in labour and social security disputes, In memoriam Viorel Mihai Ciobanu, Universul Juridic Publishing House, 2023
- Facile dictum, difficile factu: protection of employees on transfer of undertakings, In Honorem Anstasiu Crisu, Hamangiu Publishing House, 2022
- Pleading for a fair work family balance, Universul Juridic Publishing House, 2022
- Adapting employment agreements to the 21st century challenges, Judicial Courier, No. 12/2021
- Organizational culture - an essential pillar in maintaining work life balance, Hic et Nunc: Alexandru Athanasiu, C.H. Beck Publishing House, 2020
- Social Security Law. Seminar Workbook, Solomon Publishing House, 2019 (co-author)
- The European Social Law in practice. Part II, Universul Juridic Publishing House, 2019 (co-author)
- Rethinking work in the digital age. Telework and its implications on the employment relationship, Judicial Courier, No. 10/2018