One client highlights that the lawyers are 'smart, sharp and hard-working', and adds: 'Their ability to think outside the box is a great advantage'.
With its sensitive mix of politics, extensive regulations, and the public interest, the Defence & Security sector requires a well-considered approach. This is particularly the case in Emerging Europe and Central Asia, where Kinstellar offers the expertise and integrity you need to help guide and support your business.
Kinstellar’s multi-disciplinary Defence & Security practice brings together the in-depth knowledge, skills and experience required to meet the specific needs of the D&S industry—including procurement processes, defence contracting, foreign investment restrictions, export controls and investigations—as well as more general needs relating to financing, joint ventures and M&A. As past and present clients will attest, our reputation and integrity are second to none.
Kinstellar’s D&S clients include global defence contractors, subcontractors, MRO service providers, dual-use technology companies, multinational organisations, banks and insurers.
Armament and procurement
- government contracting, review and negotiation of MOD contracts
- procurement of defence equipment, maintenance and support solutions
- advising on the application and applicability of procurement regulations, including EU public procurement laws and Article 346 of the TFEU
- smart procurement and availability contracting
- offsetting, industrial cooperation, industrial participation and technology transfers
Data and IP
- data protection and security, data management, exploitation of operational data, data privacy
- cyber-security and intelligence
- IP protection, exploitation and litigation
- R&D collaboration structures (alliances, teaming agreements and joint ventures)
- international trade
- trade and export control issues, including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- foreign investment regulation issues and competition
- sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption policies and procedures
Suppliers and Subcontractors
- agreements with international agents and distributors
- supply chain management and subcontracting, including supplier KYC and due diligence
- creation of contractor and export compliance programs and compliance assessments
- PPP / PFI for the construction and maintenance of defence facilities
- management and maintenance of defence estate and accommodation services
- decommissioning of strategic military assets and systems
- acquisition and divestiture transactions involving defence contractors, particularly those with an international element
- investment opportunities and fundraising, either through equity or debt
- investment incentives
- dispute resolution
- environmental matters; health and safety
- employment and immigration
Key contacts and News, Deals & Insights for this sector.