Lukáš Ševčík is the Managing Partner of the Prague office. He focuses on M&A, corporate, private equity and life sciences.
He brings years of experience to the table and always finds the best solution for our business.
One client states: 'He is very dedicated and has understanding of business issues. Deep down he is a businessman, not just an excellent legal professional'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- NN on the acquisition of Aegon’s life insurance business in the Czech Republic and of Aegon's life insurance and pension businesses in Slovakia for a total of EUR 155 million, including competition clearance as well as regulatory approvals in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- A GERMAN INSURANCE COMPANY on the contemplated acquisition of the Czech and Slovak business of an international insurance company providing life and non-life insurance services
- YOUPLUS INSURANCE INTERNATIONAL and MYLIFE LEBENSVERSICHERUNG AG, members of the Swiss Insurevolution Partners insurance group, on the acquisition of the Czech and Slovak life and non-life insurance contract portfolios from Basler Sachversicherungs-AG and Basler Lebensversicherungs-AG
Healthcare & Life Sciences
- STADA ARZNEIMITTEL on the acquisition of Walmark, a leading manufacturer of consumer health products in Central Europe with a unique portfolio of well-established consumer health brands across multiple categories
- NEURAXPHARM GROUP, a leading European specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) disorders, a part of the APAX portfolio group of companies, on the acquisition of SVUS Pharma’s Farmax, a CNS specialty pharmaceutical company, in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary
- DR. MAX, a Central and East European pharmacy chain owned by Penta Investments, on certain aspects of the acquisition of Romania’s A&D Pharma Group, the biggest pharmacy operator and pharma distributor in the country with significant operations in Central and Eastern Europe
- MID EUROPA PARTNERS on the acquisition of Alpha Medical, a leading laboratory diagnostics provider in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- 1995: Second Legal State Examination (2. Juristisches Staatsexamen)
- 1993 – 1995: Rechtsreferendariat, Landgericht Heidelberg, Germany, Legal Traineeship
- 1994: University for Administrative Sciences, Speyer, Germany, Postgraduate studies
- 1992: First Legal State Examination (1. Juristisches Staatsexamen)
- 1987 – 1992: University of Heidelberg, Germany, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
- Frankfurt Bar Association
- Czech Bar Association (admitted as a Registered European Lawyer)
Czech, German, English