Alla Kozachenko is a Partner in the Kyiv office. She has more than 19 years of experience advising Ukrainian and foreign clients on all aspects of corporate and commercial law.
She is a strong transactional lawyer with significant experience servicing cross-border M&A transactions, including legal due diligence, corporate reorganisations, structuring, and drafting and negotiating transactional documents. She has advised clients across a variety of industries and sectors including telecommunications, IT, hospitality, gaming, life sciences, and insurance.
Alla Kozachenko is described by sources as 'technically sound with a very good understanding of what is required'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING*
M&A and corporate
- NEQSOL on the acquisition of Vodafone Ukraine, one of the largest local mobile network operators with approx. 20 million subscribers, from the Russian telecommunications operator MTS Group for USD 734 million, including USD 84 million of earn-out payment, as well as on the acquisition financing for the deal from a group of international funds and financial institutions led by J.P. Morgan Securities Plc and Raiffeisen Bank International A.G.—named “Deal of the Year” in Ukraine by CEE Legal Matters and #1 among the top-10 largest M&A transactions in Ukraine in 2019 by InVenture investments analytics
- ECOLAB INC., a global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, on the global separation of its upstream energy business (the “ChampionX Business”), including advising on the implementation of the carve-out/separation in 60+ jurisdictions in the African and Caspian regions
- VEON on an internal reorganisation project aimed at the transfer certain functions to shared-service centres, including advising on compliance with data protection and telecom law requirements, software licensing, corporate law and other issues
- A GEORGIAN INDUSTRIAL GROUP acting through its special purpose vehicle, Luraq Investments Limited, on the acquisition of a 29.29% stake in the Ukrainian insulin producer JSC “Indar” from the Polish biotechnological company Bioton S.A.
- SHAREHOLDERS OF PHARMA START LLC, a major Ukrainian pharmaceutical manufacturer, on the sale of a 100% stake in Pharma Start to Acino Pharma AG
* Experience prior to joining Kinstellar
- 2003 – 2005: Institute of Intellectual Property and Law, Ukraine, Master’s degree
- 1997 – 2002: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, Institute of International Relations, Master’s degree
Ukrainian, Russian, English