Margarita Karpenko is the Co-Managing Partner of the Kyiv office. She is an experienced lawyer working primarily with clients on corporate, employment and labour law issues across a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, media, IT and FMCG.
Margarita's focus further extends to intellectual property and technology, media & telecommunications (TMT).
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING*
employment & labour law
- NEQSOL on the employment law aspects related to the USD 734 million acquisition of Vodafone Ukraine, one of the largest local mobile network operators with approx. 20 million subscribers, from the Russian telecommunications operator MTS Group
- AN AMERICAN MULTINATIONAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANY on the labour law issues related to its entry on the Ukrainian market, including employment set up, extensive advice on pensions, employment taxes, drafting templates of labour law documents etc.
- TECHNOLOGY START-UPS on a wide range of Ukrainian legal issues, including employment law
- A MULTINATIONAL CONFECTIONERY, FOOD, AND BEVERAGE COMPANY on an internal investigation and counselling of C-level employees, including an analysis of the company’s set-up, strategy, planning and implementation
- A PEER-TO-PEER RIDESHARING TECH UNICORN on a wide array of employment matters, including the analysis of the company’s set-up, strategy, planning and implementation
* Experience prior to joining Kinstellar
- 1986 – 1991: Moscow State University, Russia, Master’s degree
Russian, Ukrainian, English