Svilen Issaev is a Counsel in the Sofia office, the head of the local Banking, Finance & Capital Markets service line and the co-head of the firm-wide Restructuring & Insolvency service line.
Svilen focuses on banking and finance, capital markets, restructuring and insolvency, as well as on life sciences and healthcare.
Svilen Issaev has an active practice advising clients on project finance and acquisition finance, and regularly acts on behalf of both lenders and borrowers. He is particularly adept at handling cross-border financing.
Svilen Issaev, Diana Dimova and Mladen Minev are very knowledgeable and responsive. I would say they are really great professionals. They are very attentive to details and business oriented, which is something every every business person would like to see. There have been many other people involved in our projects who have done a great job as well.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- KBC BANK NV on the EUR 610 million acquisition of the fourth largest bank in Bulgaria, United Bulgarian Bank, and of the third biggest leasing company in Bulgaria, Interlease, from the National Bank of Greece
- A CONSORTIUM OF HUNGARY’S OTP BANK, its Bulgarian subsidiary, DSK BANK, and EUROBANK BULGARIA on a landmark EUR 133 million senior loan facility to Business Park Sofia, the largest business park in CEE and the first of its kind in Bulgaria
- UNICREDIT BANK AG, MILAN BRANCH, as agent and security agent, on the Bulgarian law aspects of the EUR 210 million senior syndicated loan to Zobele Holding
- NOMURA BANK, as arranger and dealer, on the set-up of a EUR 200 million Euro Medium-Term Note (EMTN) programme by Eurohold Bulgaria AD
- 2004 – 2006: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Master of Economics
- 1997 – 2003: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, Faculty of Law, LL.M.
- Sofia Bar Association
- Bulgarian Industrial Pharmacy Association