Victor Constantinescu is the Managing Partner of the Bucharest office and the co-head of the firm-wide Real Estate sector. With over 15 years’ experience in real estate in the region, he focuses primarily on Romania and South-East Europe, where he has built a reputation for efficiency and commercial pragmatism in organizing and closing transactions and for building long-term relationships – skills that have earned him recognition as a top real estate practitioner for years in a row by major legal guides. Since joining the firm in 2017, Victor has already led transactions whose combined value well exceeds EUR 500 million. A Canada-born, native English speaker, he began his career in the United States.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- TWO SEPARATE MAJOR REAL ESTATE FUNDS as lead counsel in the acquisition of two leading Bucharest office projects in two separate transactions, each valued at over EUR 100 million
- OLD MUTUAL PROPERTY and LION’S HEAD INVESTMENTS as lead counsel to the joint venture between the property division of the largest insurance company in South Africa and a leading Bulgarian real estate conglomerate (AG Capital), on the formation of the joint venture and subsequent acquisition of Oregon Park, one of the largest office transactions in Romania in 2017-2018, from its developer seller, Portland Trust
- LOGICOR, a pan-European logistics giant, as sell-side counsel in the attempted sale of its Romanian portfolio consisting of several income producing assets together with a substantial land bank valued at over EUR 100 million, as well as all day-to-day matters in Romania
- 2001: McGill University, LL.B. (common law) and B.C.L. (civil law)
- 2001: University of Toronto, Russian and East European Studies, M.A.
- 1996: University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
- New York Bar
- Bucharest Bar (admitted as foreign attorney)
English (native), Romanian
- Author of numerous articles in various industry publications as well as frequent speaker at industry conferences, both national and regional.