Victor Constantinescu is the Managing Partner of the Bucharest office and the co-head of the firm-wide Real Estate sector.
With more than 15 years’ experience in real estate in the region, he focuses primarily on Romania and South-East Europe, where he has built a reputation for efficiency and commercial pragmatism in organizing and closing transactions and for building long-term relationships – skills that have earned him recognition as a top real estate practitioner for years in a row by major legal guides.
Since joining the firm in 2017, Victor has already led transactions whose combined value well exceeds EUR 500 million. A Canada-born, native English speaker, he began his career in the United States.
Clients laud him as 'an excellent lawyer who is commercially minded'. 'He is focused on finding solutions', states one source, while another praises Victor's 'attention to detail and his delivery of reports in a timely manner'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- S IMMO AG, a leading Vienna-listed real estate investor and developer, on the EUR 97 million acquisition of two Bucharest Class A office buildings in the “Campus” complex (Campus 6.2 and Campus 6.3), from the leading developer Skanska – considered one of the largest transactions in Romania in 2020
- CROMWELL PROPERTY GROUP, a leading real estate fund manager and investor, on the sale of A1 Bucharest Park on behalf of the Central European Industrial Fund (CEIF) to CEE logistics developer and owner, CTP, in the 2020 largest transaction on the Romanian logistics market
- A joint venture of the London-based RESOLUTION PROPERTY, a major property fund part of the Chinese conglomerate, Fosun, and ZEUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, a leading international real estate investment and asset management firm, on the successful acquisition of Floreasca Park (Bucharest) in one of the largest office transactions in Romania in 2020 with a total value exceeding EUR 100 million
- IDEAL PROJECTS, a joint venture between the Vetimex and Mirus groups, on the negotiation, signing, closing and refinancing of the Cluj-based Vivido, Advancity, and Cube office projects in the largest office acquisition outside Bucharest in Romania in 2020 with a total value exceeding EUR 30 million
- OLD MUTUAL PROPERTY and LION’S HEAD INVESTMENTS as lead counsel to the joint venture between the property division of the largest insurance company in South Africa and a leading Bulgarian real estate conglomerate (AG Capital), on the formation of the joint venture and subsequent acquisition of Oregon Park, one of the largest office transactions in Romania in 2017-2018, from its developer seller, Portland Trust
- 2001: McGill University, Montreal, Canada, LL.B. (Common Law) and B.C.L. (Civil Law)
- 2001: University of Toronto, Canada, Russian and East European Studies, M.A.
- 1996: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, B.A.
- New York Bar
- Bucharest Bar (admitted as foreign attorney)
English (native), Romanian
- Author of numerous articles in various industry publications as well as a frequent speaker at industry conferences, both national and regional