Anastasiya Bolkhovitinova is a Partner in the Kyiv office, the head of the local TMT sector, and the co-head of the firm-wide Telecommunications service line.
Anastasiya has more than 18 years of experience advising clients on a broad range of corporate and M&A issues, including the structuring of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, commercial and procurement contracts, and issues relating to entering the Ukrainian market. She advises clients involved in multijurisdictional transactions across a spectrum of industries including technology/software, retail, pharmaceuticals, life sciences, manufacturing, telecoms, aerospace and defence.
Anastasiya also advises technology-sector clients on structuring their operations in Ukraine. She provides comprehensive support to technology-sector M&A deals and advises both start-ups and venture capital and private equity investors on a wide range of legal matters. She also has in-depth experience in outsourcing, post-acquisition integrations, and national security and export control.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING*
M&A and Corporate
- ONE OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST E-COMMERCE COMPANIES on the acquisition of an international provider of comprehensive data-management services, including database development and migration, with almost 500 developers in Ukraine
- STILLFRONT GROUP AB, a leading free-to-play powerhouse of gaming studios, on the acquisition of 100% of shares in Game Labs, Inc.
- PERION NETWORK on the acquisition of Septa Communications LLC, also known as Captain Growth, a Ukrainian start-up that applies AI-driven technologies to marketing, including on the tax, IP and employment law aspects of the deal
- A SOCIAL CASINO DEVELOPER on the sale of its assets to an American venture capital fund for USD 200 million, including drafting of post-transaction commercial and employment documents
- ONE OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST E-COMMERCE COMPANIES on possible restructuring options for its business presence in Ukraine, the mitigation of risks under its current setup, drafting templates of commercial agreements, and providing on-going support on various corporate, commercial and regulatory matters
- ADOBE SYSTEMS INCORPORATED on the peculiarities of outsourcing personnel in Ukraine and compliance with local legislation of its set-up of engaging developers, preparing template agreements, and advising on various corporate, employment and e-commerce matters
- A NASDAQ TRADED AMERICAN TECHNOLOGY COMPANY on entering the Ukrainian market, including setting up a company, assistance with the preparation of intercompany agreements, advising on financing options, employment matters, and on-going advice
- A GLOBALLY DISTRIBUTED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY on the possible options of restructuring its operations in Ukraine, taking into account the legislative developments in the corporate and employment areas
- A DEVELOPER OF IOS APPLICATIONS on the current set-up of its business in Ukraine, the UK and BVI, including on the mitigation of detected risks and on possible options of restructuring of the client’s set-up, including advising on various corporate and employment matters
- AN AMERICAN MULTINATIONAL CONGLOMERATE TECHNOLOGY COMPANY on the implementation of its global satellite system project, including a feasibility study, advising on lawful intercept, and on licensing and certification requirements
- ONE OF THE LARGEST MOBILE OPERATORS IN UKRAINE on the implementation of a spectrum reframing project, including a review of the documents concluded between major Ukrainian mobile network operators and the regulator
- A LEADING GLOBAL OPERATOR OF A MOBILE SATELLITE NETWORK on the implementation of its satellite and terrestrial authorisation project in Ukraine, including conducting a feasibility study on obtaining the required licenses and authorisations, legal support in negotiations with the regulator, and advice on various corporate, regulatory and tax issues
- A MULTINATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES PROVIDER on the potential acquisition of an OTT/VOD services provider, including transaction structuring and complex regulatory advice
- A MULTINATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES PROVIDER on a complex review of the contracts concluded with its top vendors, as well as holding training sessions on contracting matters.
- A US-BASED GLOBAL AEROSPACE AND DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY COMPANY on the regulatory and corporate matters related to its cooperation with the Ukrainian state-owned companies Yuzhnoye State Design Office and the state enterprise Production Association Yuzhny Machine-Building plant (YUZHMASH)
- A POOL OF INTERNATIONAL INVESTORS on the acquisition of one of the world’s largest manufacturers of turbine engines and engine parts for civilian and military aircrafts, including drafting and negotiating various English and Ukrainian law transaction documents, advising on the technology transfer, export control, licensing, as well as on the application of the Wassenaar Arrangement. This is a landmark deal for the Ukrainian market, both in terms of its value and the political and strategic importance of the target
- A LEADING HELICOPTER PRODUCER on entering the Ukrainian market, setting up a representative office and a limited liability company, including extensive advice on corporate, employment and regulatory matters
- A SAUDI ARABIAN COMPANY on a potential joint venture between the client and Antonov, the Ukrainian state aircraft manufacturing and services company
- ASUBSIDIARY OF THE CUBAN STATE-OWNED AIR COMPANY on the regulatory and corporate matters related to cooperation with Antonov, the Ukrainian state aircraft manufacturing and services company, and PJSC "United Aircraft Corporation"
energy & natural resources
- PARTICULAR STATE AUTHORITIES on the review of four PSAs (the Zinkivska, Sofiyivska, Rusaniska, Varvynska blocks) and on the appropriate state position related to PSA provisions, including contributing to the draft model PSA that would be used by investors in future projects
- ONE OF THE LEADING INTERNATIONAL MANUFACTURING COMPANIES on the participation in a tender for selecting a private partner to implement the PPP project “Ukraine-EU Energy Bridge” organised by the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine
- ECOLAB INC., a global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, on the global separation of its upstream energy business (the “ChampionX Business”), in particular advising on the implementation of the carve-out/separation in 60+ jurisdictions in the African and Caspian regions
- ENI, S.P.A., an Italian public oil & gas company, on the acquisition of control over Ukrainian companies holding special permits for operation and natural gas extraction at several fields in the Poltava Oblast (Ukraine), including drafting the transactional documents and obtaining the consent of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for the concentration
- ONE OF THE LARGEST WORLDWIDE MANAGEMENT CONSULTING FIRMS on the participation in a tender processes of Naftogaz, as well as on sole-sourced procurement and other regulatory requirements
* Experience prior to joining Kinstellar
- 2007 – 2009: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, Faculty of Law, J.D.
- 2002 – 2004: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, Faculty of Law, Master’s degree
- 1998 – 2002: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, Faculty of Law, Bachelor’s degree
- European Business Association
- US-Ukrainian Business Council
Ukrainian, Russian, English
- The Ukrainian defense industry — challenges and proposals for reform, Ukrainian Law Firms, A Handbook for Foreign Clients, 2018
- Ukraine at a Glance: Aerospace and technology industry, Ukraine Country profile 2018 by the American Chamber of Commerce, 2018