April 2021 – Kinstellar and Herbert Smith Freehills will jointly host a webinar, Upcoming PPP projects in Ukraine: international perspective and local considerations, on Wednesday, 12 May 2021, at 2 pm London time / 4 pm Kyiv time.
In 2020, the Ukrainian government launched an ambitious 'Big Construction' program aimed at modernisation of the country’s infrastructure including motorways, sea ports and airports. At the moment, the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine is working on feasibility studies for these projects, in particular the pilot road PPP projects that have been identified as priority. These include projects on reconstruction of a 308 km section of M-06 motorway with approx. CapEx of USD370 mln and connected sections of M-29, M-04 and M-18 motorways of total length of 276 km and approx. CapEx of USD370 mln.
In light of these exciting developments, the webinar will focus on the following topics:
- Overview of infrastructure opportunities in Ukraine
- Recent experience with sea port concessions in Ukraine. Steps the government is taking to further improve the institutional and legal framework
- PPP projects in Ukraine from an international investor perspective – addressing key sponsors’ and bankability issues
- Public support that may be available for a PPP project
- Financing a PPP project
- Rules on stabilisation, compensation upon termination, forum and sovereign immunity
The speaker panel will include:
- Taras Boychuk, head of PPP office “Spilno” at the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine
- Olga Revzina, Partner, Infrastructure and PPP, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Roman Churakov, Of Counsel, Infrastructure and PPP, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Lola Shamirzayeva, Business Development Lead, Infrastructure in CEE, Russia and CIS, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Daniel Bilak, Senior Counsel, Kinstellar, ex-chairman of UkraineInvest and advisor to Prime Minister of Ukraine
- Oleg Matiusha, Counsel, Infrastructure, Kinstellar
- Andriy Nikiforov, Counsel, Banking & Finance, Kinstellar
Participation is free of charge upon preliminary registration. For more information please contact Olena Sysuieva at .