Svilen Issaev is a Counsel in the Sofia office and the head of the local banking, finance & capital markets practice. He focuses on banking and finance, capital markets, restructuring and insolvency, as well as on life sciences and healthcare.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- MERIDIAM on all relevant legal aspects of their winning bid for the 35-year concession of Sofia Airport, including legal due diligence of Sofia Airport, comprehensive advice on the legal framework of this major EUR 3.9 billion project, negotiation of the term sheet for the bank financing, preparing bankability analysis, review and analysis of the draft concession agreement, and full-fledged procurement support
- KBC BANK NV on the EUR 610 million acquisition of the fourth biggest bank in Bulgaria, United Bulgarian Bank, and of the third biggest leasing company in Bulgaria, Interlease, from the National Bank of Greece
- A CONSORTIUM OF HUNGARY’S OTP BANK PLC, its Bulgarian subsidiary, DSK BANK and EUROBANK BULGARIA on a landmark EUR 133 million senior loan facility to Business Park Sofia (the largest business park in CEE and the first of its kind in Bulgaria)
- UNICREDIT BANK AG, MILAN BRANCH, as agent and security agent, on the Bulgarian law aspects of the EUR 210 million senior syndicated loan to Zobele Holding S.P.A.
- NOMURA BANK, as arranger and dealer, on the set-up of a EUR 200 million Euro Medium-Term Note (EMTN) programme by Eurohold Bulgaria AD
- 2004 – 2006: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Master of Economics
- 1997 – 2003: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Faculty of Law, LL.M.
- Sofia Bar Association
- Bulgarian Industrial Pharmacy Association