Zsombor Orbán is a Managing Associate in the Budapest office and the head of the Hungarian Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) practice.
Zsombor focuses on data protection and data privacy, technology, media & telecommunications and intellectual property law. He has gained extensive experience representing clients in regulatory and transactional matters, commercial and technical issues, data protection, digital media, competition and trademark law, as well as in infringement proceedings.
Zsombor Orban really stands out, he has broad knowledge and experience in data privacy, he reacts immediately and provides fantastic support in unexpected cases.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Data Management & Privacy
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on carrying out its comprehensive GDPR compliance project, participating in the implementation and day-to-day assistance to the group DPO
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the assessment and verification of its GDPR compliance audit project
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on carrying out its GDPR compliance project in the CEE area in connection with its Hungarian subsidiary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on carrying out its GDPR compliance project involving its subsidiaries in Hungary, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and France
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on several complex internal risk and sensitive investigation matters as well as on the preparation of an EU level internal investigation policy and notice
Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT)
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the acquisition of M7 Group, one of the largest independent pay-TV operators in Europe, operating in Benelux, Germany and Central Europe
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the launch of its customer behaviour analysis system based on the facial recognition CCTV systems installed in various facilities such as shopping malls, concert halls, open air events etc.
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on various projects aiming to the utilization of customer big data, segmentation of customers and restructuring and organisation of the databases of the member companies within the group
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a number of separate acquisitions and investments in ownership interests of Hungarian technology, IT and telecom companies
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on its acquisition of Global Web Solutions, a Hungarian IT services provider developing a recruitment innovation IT platform Sybrillo, a Hungarian IT and tech start-up developing innovative solutions in the field of GoPro technology, Power-to-Gas, a Hungarian start-up providing innovative energy conversion and storage solution using electrolysis, as well as Let Me Inn, an independent Hungarian short-term rental management company
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the proposed acquisition of Gawker Media (online media company and blog network) including the review of software development agreements, IT license structures and license agreements
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a copyright lawsuit, which was initiated against a new manufacturing company established by former employees of Lindab Hungary, who presumably were using illegally acquired Lindab Ab. copyright materials
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a dispute regarding the termination of licensing and possible infringement of related IP rights
- 2013: Hungarian Intellectual Property Office, Budapest, Hungary, Advanced Level Intellectual Property Advisor
- 2002 – 2008: University of Pécs, Hungary, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- 2003 – 2004: University of Tampere, Finland, Faculty of International and European Law
Budapest Bar Association