Lidia Zarnescu is a Senior Associate in the Bucharest office. She focuses on employment & labour law and dispute resolution.
Lidia has advised on the full spectrum of employment law issues, including TUPE, disciplinary procedures, termination of employment agreements, mobbing, data protection, and immigration issues. She has also previously drafted and reviewed a variety of related documents such as policies, internal regulations, employment and management agreements, collective bargaining agreements, and performed extensive due diligence analyses focused on all employment and OSH aspects.
Lidia is also specialized in dispute resolution, having coordinated a portfolio of more than 1,500 consumer protection litigations. She has successfully assisted and represented employers before national courts of law in complex matters, including wrongful termination, patrimonial liability, strikes and work-related accidents.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING*
EMPLOYMENT & LABOUR LAW
- A LEADING PRODUCER AND SUPPLIER OF WOOD-BASED PRODUCTS IN EUROPE on various day-to-day employment law matters, including collective bargaining agreement, internal regulations, TUPE, disciplinary procedures, termination of employment agreements, conclusion of management agreements, extensive due diligence analyses focused on all employment aspects including in the area of occupational health and safety.
- AN INTERNATIONAL CONTRACTOR PROVIDING SERVICES TO ENERGY INDUSTRY on complex mandates, including restructuring procedures, data protection and data security policy in the workplace, transnational secondments, tax regime and handling the transfer of social contributions from employer to employees, etc.
- A LEADING GLOBAL MANUFACTURER OF PERSONAL COMPUTERS in relation to all labour aspects at the company level, from labour agreements negotiations to internal regulations and termination of employment relationship procedures, including compensation and benefits policies
- ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT FINANCIAL GROUPS IN ROMANIA on a very large portfolio of litigations against consumers, associations of consumers or authorities protecting the rights of consumers, as well as on complex and very sensitive cases concerning moral and material damages claimed by former managers
- ONE OF THE LARGEST NON-BANKING FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS with more than 1.000 employees on over 300 litigations in relation to wrongful termination and patrimonial liability
- A LEADING METAL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY on complex and very sensitive cases concerning wrongful termination and work-related accidents
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar
- 2016 – 2021: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Ph.D. in Labour and Social Security Law
- 2014 – 2015: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, M.A. in Public Procurement
- 2012 – 2013: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, M.A. in Labour Law
- 2007 – 2011: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor's degree
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association
- Pleading for a fair work family balance, Universul Juridic Publishing House, 2022
- Adapting employment agreements to the 21st century challenges, Judicial Courier, No. 12/2021
- Organizational culture - an essential pillar in maintaining work life balance, Hic et Nunc: Alexandru Athanasiu, C.H. Beck Publishing House, 2020
- Social Security Law. Seminar Workbook, Solomon Publishing House, 2019 (co-author)
- The European Social Law in practice. Part II, Universul Juridic Publishing House, 2019 (co-author)
- Rethinking work in the digital age. Telework and its implications on the employment relationship, Judicial Courier, No. 10/2018