Mihai Stan is a Senior Associate in the Bucharest office. He focuses on M&A and corporate governance matters, CRSI as well as data privacy matters.
Mihai’s previous experience includes assistance on mergers, acquisitions, sales of operations and exits from the local market, as well as corporate governance matters, compliance and company formation issues across a range of sectors, including financial institutions, industrials, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals.
Mihai has also gained extensive knowledge in the area of compliance, fraud and white-collar crime having previously assisted on internal investigations. His experience extends to data privacy and cybersecurity, including advice on audits, day-to-day specific advice, review and revision of personal data processing programs and implementation of related programs in compliance with the GDPR framework.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING*
M&A AND CORPORATE
- ROMANIA'S LEADING STEEL PIPE MANUFACTURER on various corporate matters, including on its delisting from the Bucharest Stock Exchange and a merger by absorption with one of its subsidiaries
- AN INTERNATIONAL ONLINE PAYMENT SERVICES COMPANY on the sale of its Romanian business (two companies - market leaders in the bill payment industry) to a large international investment fund
- ISRAEL'S PLASTICS INDUSTRY LEADER on its withdrawal from the Romanian market and subsequent dissolution and liquidation of its Romanian subsidiaries
*experience prior to joining Kinstellar
- 2012 – 2013: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Master of EU law
- 2008 – 2012: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association
Romanian, English, French