Vlad Simion is a Managing Associate in the Bucharest office. He mainly focuses on dispute resolution, compliance, risk and sensitive investigations, public procurement, and restructuring & insolvency matters.
Vlad has gained great experience in representing clients before the relevant courts and has also been involved in multiple insolvency proceedings and restructuring processes.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- AN ELITE PROFESSIONAL SPORTS CIRCUIT ORGANIZER on a high-value, complex and sensitive court case involving cross-border issues, coordination with lawyers in the US, Cyprus and Spain and advising on tort, regulatory and sports’ law matters
- A LOCAL FORESTRY COMPANY in a complex and multidisciplinary court case having as object the annulment of a decision issued by a local environmental agency with respect to complex environmental procedures and a related forestry management plan to be applied in legally protected natural areas (which was leading to restrictions in harvesting wood)
Compliance, Risk and Sensitive Investigations
- ONE OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST PRODUCERS OF ENERGY-EFFICIENT, RESOURCE-SAVING TECHNOLOGIES on a complex, very sensitive and cross border matter involving white-collar crime, money laundering, employment and contractual law issues
- A LEADING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY COMPANY and AN AMERICAN MULTINATIONAL IT SERVICES PROVIDER on several complex contentious matters related to ongoing investigations, including helping the National Anti-Corruption Prosecution Office in Romania (DNA) in connection with several white-collar crime cases concerning several important public projects in Romania, as well as with designing and implementing enhanced compliance programmes
- A JAPANESE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES VENDOR on several public procurement tenders and related proceedings concerning its services and hardware equipment
- ONE OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST PRODUCERS OF ENERGY-EFFICIENT, RESOURCE-SAVING TECHNOLOGIES on various public procurement aspects in connection with public tenders in which the client participated either as bidder or as subcontractor and/or third supporting party
- 2007 – 2011: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association