Oana Grigore is a Senior Associate in our Bucharest office.
She mainly focuses on Telecom, Media and Technology law matters. However, she has been involved in various complex data protection matters across other sectors, proving the ability to overcome specific issues. She has gained noteworthy experience in the technology field but also in the fintech area, having advised leading multinational financial services corporations on specific technology related matters such as aspects regarding the development of a new software, the provision of online services on the market, the use of digital services in bank systems and others.
Oana has a business-oriented approach that every client seeks, having worked in the regulatory department of a leading local telecom player.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT)
- CANAL+ GROUP on the regulatory telecom and data protection aspects as part of a complex due diligence analysis in the context of the global acquisition of M7 Group SA entities present including in Romania, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary
- A LEADING CARD AND RELATED PRODUCTS SUPPLIER on the privacy and data protection aspects related to: the launch of new payment products on the Romanian market, the rewards program offered to customers, the setting-up of a digital enablement service for its end-users and the anonymization and pseudo-anonymization of customers’ personal data
- VICE MEDIA on the advertising aspects and local restrictions regarding the sponsorship of tobacco campaigns
- AN ONLINE TRAVEL COMPANY on the applicability of local legislation to web-based travel agencies, the transposition of EU directives on travel products and general display / consumer rights in the context of its expansion plans in Romania
- AMAZON EUROPE on an analysis of the financial regulatory, capital markets and anti-money laundering matters related to the design and implementation of new products and programmes for its subsidiary in Romania
- AIRBNB PAYMENTS on the Romanian law aspects of a regulatory survey on the Brexit impact in Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Romania, and Slovakia
- A GLOBAL CLOUD COMMUNICATIONS AND COLLABORATION SOFTWARE COMPANY on its set-up in Romania with assistance including advice on telecom regulatory matters, previous assessment of the company’s electronic communication services, assessment of need for registration or notification and detailed analysis of the consequences and obligations entailed
- MASTERCARD on the analysis of privacy and data protection implications of a payment aggregator using the recipient’s phone number/e-mail
- INTER CARS, a leading CEE auto spare parts producer and distributor, on the implementation of the new data protection audit for GDPR compliance
- VASTINT, a leading international real estate developer, on the implementation of the new data protection audit for GDPR compliance
- SODEXO ROMANIA on several data protection matters, including electronic communication / marketing campaigns, general terms and conditions and web development
- 2005 – 2009: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Bucharest Bar Association
- Romanian Union of Lawyers