Catalin Dinu is a Managing Associate in the Bucharest office specialising in real estate and energy matters. He has assisted many international clients in title due diligence, permitting, construction and operation, as well as real estate M&A and finance.
Catalin has extensive experience in transactions of various types of land (including agricultural and forestry land), retail centres and shopping malls, office and residential buildings, agricultural and animal farms. He also focuses on the energy sector, having advised high-profile energy companies on the development and acquisition of power plants, renewables support schemes, oil & gas farm-ins/farm-outs, environment issues or joint operating agreements.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- S IMMO AG, a leading Vienna-listed real estate investor and developer, on the EUR 97 million acquisition of two Bucharest Class A office buildings in the “Campus” complex (Campus 6.2 and Campus 6.3), from the leading developer Skanska – considered one of the largest transactions in Romania in 2020
- CROMWELL PROPERTY GROUP, a global real estate investor and manager, on the sale of A1 Bucharest Park to CTP, a CEE logistics developer and owner; considered the largest logistics transaction of 2020 in Romania
- AN AMERICAN CEREALS HANDLING COMPANY on the acquisition of several grain cereals loading/unloading and storage facilities in Constanța Port, Black Sea
- A MAJOR LOCAL AGRIBUSINESS on the acquisition and aggregation of more than 1,000 ha of agricultural land in the north-western part of Romania
- ONE OF THE LARGEST OFFICE BUILDING OWNERS AND OPERATORS IN ROMANIA on the acquisition of Nusco Imobiliara, one of the largest real estate operators owning two office buildings and a 27,800 sqm plot of land in the northern part of Bucharest
Energy and Natural Resources
- AN INTERNATIONAL PETROLEUM COMPANY on the acquisition of several oil & gas fields in Romania and on related joint operating agreements
- THE LARGEST HUNGARIAN POWER COMPANY on the acquisition of several micro hydro power plants in Romania
- 2012 – 2013: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, LL.M in Private Law
- 2008 – 2012: Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association