Branislav Marić* is a Partner in the Belgrade office. He focuses on M&A and corporate, as well as on energy and project-related matters.
Branislav Marić is an excellent lawyer with ample experience in various fields of law and great leadership skills.
Branislav Marić is the outstanding individual in the team, and his broad legal knowledge and expertise are extraordinary – he is very well regarded in the local legal community.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- NLB GROUP, the largest Slovenian bank and a leading bank in the ex-Yugoslavia region, on the acquisition of Komercijalna banka Beograd, the third largest bank in Serbia. This is the largest bank privatisation in Serbia to-date and our team also coordinated advice in five other jurisdictions in addition to Serbia.
- MASDAR, a global leader in renewable energy and sustainable urban development headquartered in Abu Dhabi, on the acquisition of a 49% share in Krnovo Green Energy from a subsidiary of Akuo Energy
- CTP Group on the acquisition of a 10,000 m2 logistics centre near the Serbian capital, Belgrade
- UPM SA, a Belgian courier service company, on the acquisition of Fitek Group’s Serbian, Bosnian, Slovak and Czech subsidiaries. Fitek Group is an Eastern European group of courier service companies.
Banking & Finance
- GOLDMAN SACHS LENDING PARTNERS, as the security agent, on establishing a collateral package in Serbia in relation to a USD 9 billion credit facility granted to a major international pharmaceutical group
- EXPORT-IMPORT BANK OF CHINA (CEXIM) on a financing of the construction of the heating pipeline construction project from Belgrade to Obrenovac, Serbia
- VOJVODJANSKA BANKA AD NOVI SAD on a multi-million EUR financing to the largest petroleum company in Serbia, Naftna industrija Srbije a.d. Novi Sad
- CHINA DEVELOPMENT BANK on a second long-term financing to Banka Poštanska Štedionica
- A PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM on the funding of the acquisition of a controlling stake in an Serbian IPTV business
- 2003: George Washington University Law School, Washington, USA, LL.M., International and Comparative Law Thomas Buergenthal Fellow
- 1998: University of Montenegro, Podgorica, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
- 1998: American University, Washington, USA, Legal Intern at The American Society of International Law, Certificate in Economic Policy and International Business
- 1992 – 1998: University of Novi Sad, Serbia, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
- Belgrade Bar Association
- New York Bar Association