Kuanysh Shekerbekov is a Managing Associate in the Almaty office. He focuses on M&A, capital markets, data protection, and tax law.
Kuanysh is admitted as a Solicitor in the Senior Courts of England and Wales.
He is an experienced lawyer whose analysis is very strong.
He is a rising star.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- KAZAKHSTAN ENERGY REINSURANCE COMPANY LTD. on its redomiciliation from Bermuda Islands to the Astana International Financial Center. This sets a precedent for Kazakhstan companies to transfer operations and capital from offshore jurisdictions to the country.
- HALYK BANK JSC on the acquisition of Kazkommertsbank JSC from Mr Kenges Rakishev and the Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of Alnair Capital Holding JSC and its 28.08% shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC, the largest bank in Kazakhstan, as a result of which Mr Rakishev increased his total shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC to 56.75% of its issued common share capital
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of a 46.5% stake in JSC BTA Bank from JSC Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the acquisition of companies owning logistics complexes in Russian Federation
- MAJOR CHINESE PRIVATE ENTERPRISE on the potential acquisition of a Kazakhstan maritime shipping company
- INTERNATIONAL MINERAL RESOURCES II B.V. on the sale of 100% of issued and placed shares of KoZhaN JSC, an oil company, via open trade on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT)
- ALEM COMMUNICATIONS HOLDING LLP on the sale of Digital TV LLP, a cable TV operator, to JSC Kazakhtelecom
- ALEM COMMUNICATIONS HOLDING LLP on the sale of Aksoran LLP, a WiMAX operator, to a subsidiary of TeliaSonera AB
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS on the sale of an interest in an independent Kazakhstan telecommunications operator to a European telecommunications operator and the formation of a joint venture with that operator
- TELE2 SVERIGE AB on the acquisition of a 51% interest in Mobile Telecom Service, the third-largest Kazakhstan cellular operator, from JSC Kazakhtelecom
- KCELL JOINT STOCK COMPANY, a leading cellular phone provider in Kazakhstan, on its USD 525 million initial public offering via a listing of GDRs on the London Stock Exchange and of shares on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 2019 – 2020: BPP Law School, UK, London, Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) with commendation
- 2009 – 2010: University of Leicester, UK, LL.M. in International Commercial Law (Distinction)
- 2001 – 2005: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Specialist in International Law (Honours)
- Solicitor in the Senior Courts of England and Wales
English, Russian, Kazakh