We are looking for a Renewable Energy Associate to join our team in Almaty.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- has a law degree;
- has practical experience gained preferably at an international law firm or at one of the leading Kazakhstan law firms;
- is highly proficient in English, both verbal and written;
- is keen on practicing law at high standards, for major domestic and international clients;
- is a team player and enjoys working in a multinational environment;
- 5+ years working on matters in the electricity and energy (oil and gas etc.) sectors, generally, and, in particular, renewable energy projects;
- experience in infrastructure projects;
- experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial and other agreements (e.g. Power Purchase Agreements, Offtake Agreements, Leases, Supply Agreements, EPC Contracts);
- ability to work independently;
- real estate, permitting, and construction experience is a plus;
- experience with environmental and natural resource issues, is also a plus.
- diverse and interesting legal work for both domestic and international clients, as well as for major global and international law firms;
- training and development opportunities across our practices and sector groups and jurisdictions;
- highly professional team, both in terms of our lawyers and our business support staff;
- modern, dynamic and friendly environment;
- benefits as may be assigned individually.
Only candidates who meet most of the requirements set out above will be considered for the position.
How to apply:
We are looking for the best and brightest to help us continue to grow. If that sounds like something you would like to be a part of, please, send your application (CV and cover letter) in English to Yuliya Popova, HR Manager at . Please, specify the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.