Svilen Issaev is a Counsel in the Sofia office, the head of the local Banking, Finance & Capital Markets service line and the co-head of the firm-wide Restructuring & Insolvency service line.
Svilen focuses on banking and finance, capital markets, restructuring and insolvency, as well as on life sciences and healthcare.
Svilen is extremely experienced and focused on delivering a superior legal product in pursuit of the client’s interests. He knows what we are looking for and always gives to-the-point, timely advice. He is constructive and provides pragmatic solutions, bringing progress to a transaction.
Svilen Issaev is highly specialised in financing matters. He has strong judgement, flexibility and creativity.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- KBC BANK NV on the EUR 610 million acquisition of the fourth largest bank in Bulgaria, United Bulgarian Bank, and of the third biggest leasing company in Bulgaria, Interlease, from the National Bank of Greece
- A CONSORTIUM OF HUNGARY’S OTP BANK, its Bulgarian subsidiary, DSK BANK, and EUROBANK BULGARIA on a landmark EUR 133 million senior loan facility to Business Park Sofia, the largest business park in CEE and the first of its kind in Bulgaria
- UNICREDIT BANK AG, MILAN BRANCH, as agent and security agent, on the Bulgarian law aspects of the EUR 210 million senior syndicated loan to Zobele Holding
- NOMURA BANK, as arranger and dealer, on the set-up of a EUR 200 million Euro Medium-Term Note (EMTN) programme by Eurohold Bulgaria AD
- 2004 – 2006: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Master of Economics
- 1997 – 2003: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, Faculty of Law, LL.M.
- Sofia Bar Association
- Bulgarian Industrial Pharmacy Association