Tomáš Čihula is a Partner in the Prague office and the head of the firm-wide Life Sciences & Healthcare sector.
The team, led by Tomáš Čihula, is committed to delivering excellent service on every level, being able to adjust to our needs flexibly and provide in each case timely and polished input. Being able to draw on a skilled team in multiple CEE jurisdictions means that they are ideally suited to efficiently deal also with complex multijurisdictional matters.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Life Sciences & Healthcare
- ASTELLAS PHARMA on the introduction of medicinal products and their distribution in various CEE countries
- CANOPY GROWTH CORPORATION, a world-leading diversified cannabis and hemp company, on the acquisition of Annabis Medical, the largest Czech medical cannabis company, including related regulatory issues
- CSL BEHRING on various legal issues, including obtaining a pharmaceutical distribution licence, distribution agreements and public procurement
- DR. MAX, a Central and Eastern European pharmacy chain owned by Penta Investments, in connection with the acquisition of Romania’s A&D Pharma, the largest pharmacy operator and pharma distributor in the country with significant operations in Central and Eastern Europe
- FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE on various legal issues related to the proposed acquisition of medical laboratories in various CEE countries, including Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- JANSSEN-CILLAG on general corporate, regulatory and advertising issues concerning the sale and distribution of pharmaceuticals in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- NOVARTIS on a global asset swap involving the acquisition of an oncology business and the sale of a consumer healthcare business in CEE
- NOVAVAX on the acquisition of Praha Vaccines, a vaccine manufacturer in the Czech Republic
- STADA ARZNEIMITTEL on the integration of Walmark, a leading manufacturer of consumer health products in Central Europe with a unique portfolio of well-established consumer health brands across multiple categories
Competition & State Aid
- INTEVA PRODUCTS, a part of Renco Group and a global top-tier supplier of engineered components and systems for the automotive industry, on Czech merger control issues related to the USD 755 million sale of its roof business to CIE Automotive
- NN on the acquisition of Aegon’s life insurance business in the Czech Republic and of its life insurance and pension businesses in Slovakia for a total of EUR 155 million, including merger control proceedings in the Czech Republic
- CPI PROPERTY GROUP on merger control proceedings in relation to various acquisitions of shopping centres in the Czech Republic
- JOHNSON & JOHNSON on various competition and distribution law issues regarding the sale of their products in the market
- LR HEALTH & BEAUTY on competition law issues related to its distribution system in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- MASTERCARD on competition law issues in the Czech Republic
- PORSCHE CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE on various competition law issues related, in particular, to distribution agreements
- 2002 – 2007: Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, Faculty of Law, Ph.D.
- 2002 – 2003: Ludwig Maximilan University of Munich, Germany, Faculty of Law, LL.M.
- 1996 – 2002: Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, Faculty of Law, Doctor of Law
Czech Bar Association
Czech, English, German