Karla Rundtová is Of Counsel in the Prague office. She focuses on M&A and corporate.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- CANAL+ GROUP on the acquisition of M7 Group, one of the largest independent pay-TV operators in Europe, operating in Benelux, Germany and Central Europe. The advice centred around a due diligence investigation and a comprehensive analysis of various regulatory matters
- NN on the acquisition of Aegon’s life insurance business in the Czech Republic and of Aegon's life insurance and pension businesses in Slovakia for a total of EUR 155 million; the transaction also included advice on W&I insurance and a legal analysis of the Czech, Slovak and EU law aspects relevant to life insurance products
- INTEVA PRODUCTS, a part of Renco Group and a global top-tier supplier of engineered components and systems for the automotive industry, on the USD 755 million sale of its roof business to CIE Automotive. Advice was related to the Czech, Romanian and Slovak part of this global deal.
- DEUTSCHE EUROSHOP on the EUR 374 million acquisition of the Olympia Shopping Centre in Brno, the largest supra-regional shopping centre in the Czech Republic, from two funds managed by Rockspring Property Investment Managers and ECE Real Estate Partners respectively
- NEXEN TIRE CORPORATION on a EUR 850 million greenfield investment in the Czech Republic (the third-largest foreign investment in the country’s history), including advice on negotiations with the Czech government regarding the investment agreement
- ECE GROUP on the acquisition of several high-street mixed-use historical properties in the centre of Prague
- 1993 – 1999: Palacky University, Olomouc, Faculty of Law, Master Degree (Mgr.)
- 1992 – 1994: Palacky University, Olomouc, Faculty of Pedagogy
Czech Bar Association
Czech, English, German, French
- 'Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers: Czech Republic', Kluwer Law International, 2004, 2008, 2012 (co-author)