Kairat Baizakov is Of Counsel in the Almaty office. Kairat focuses on capital markets, dispute resolution, banking and finance, restructuring and M&A. He also advises clients on antimonopoly and competition issues.
Kairat Baizakov is considered 'a strong lawyer' by market sources. An increasingly active player in the market, he advises domestic blue-chip corporates on mandates including transactions and corporate structurings.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- HALYK BANK and its controlling shareholder JSC Holding Group Almex on the documented fully marketed follow-on secondary offering made on the basis of Regulation S outside the US and 144A in the US. As part of the offering, all existing shares and GDRs were also admitted to listing and trading on the Astana International Exchange (AIX)
- EBRD on a USD 14 million financing of JSC Air Astana, Kazakhstan’s national airline, for the construction of an aircraft maintenance facility in Astana
- KAZTRANSOIL on its People’s IPO program (offering under the Initial Public Offering and listing on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange)*
- JSC KAZMUNAIGAS EXPLORATION & PRODUCTION on its USD 2.3 billion IPO via a listing of GDRs on the London Stock Exchange and the simultaneous sale of shares in Kazakhstan, the largest IPO to date from the country*
M&A and Corporate
- VENUS AIRPORT HOLDINGS B.V. on the proposed sale of 100% of the share capital of International Airport Almaty JSC, a strategic asset under Kazakhstan law, to entities representing a consortium of TAV Airports, a member of Groupe ADP, and VPE Capital
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of Alnair Capital Holding JSC and its 28.08% shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC, the largest bank in Kazakhstan, as a result of which Mr Rakishev increased his total shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC to 56.75% of its issued common share capital
- VERNY CAPITAL JSC on the sale of a 18.91% stake in Kazzinc, the Kazakhstan zinc producer, to the commodities trader Glencore International*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 1981 – 1986: Kazakh State University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Law Degree