+998 78 150 6221 / +998 78 150 6222
Muborak Kambarova is a Counsel in our Tashkent office. She has 20 years of experience in advising international clients investing in Uzbekistan, guiding them in matters of local law and business practice and assisting them in negotiations with government agencies and institutions. Muborak has extensive experience handling cross-border transactions and a wide variety of corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions. Her expertise also covers banking and finance, as well as mining and the oil and gas sectors.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- AN INTERNATIONAL BANKING SYNDICATE comprised of JP Morgan, Citibank and Gazprombank on a USD 1 billion Eurobond issue by the Republic of Uzbekistan—the country’s first-ever foray into international debt markets
- ABN AMRO BANK N.V. on a secured USD 35 million pre-export finance facility to OAO Almalyk Mining & Metallurgical Combinat, Uzbekistan’s largest copper and zinc producer, to finance copper sales to Glencore International AG*
- FOREIGN LENDERS on a USD 195 million project financing for the construction of the Shurtan II Gas Compressor Station of Uzbekneftegaz at Uzbekistan's largest gas deposit with the benefit of a sovereign guarantee*
- A FOREIGN INVESTOR on implementing a GBP 200 million privatization project in the gold mining industry in Uzbekistan*
- A MAJOR JAPANESE COMPANY on a loan for supply of equipment to reduce greenhouse gases and implementation of a clean development project under the Kyoto Protocol*
- AIR ASTANA on the establishment of its presence in Uzbekistan and on various corporate and commercial issues*
Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 1995: University of World Economy and Diplomacy, International Law, Diploma Jurisprudence with distinction
- 1993: Tashkent State Medical Institute, medical studies
English, French, Russian, Uzbek