Emil Lukaev is a Senior Associate in the Sofia office. He focuses on real estate and construction, M&A and banking and finance matters.
He specialises in advising on transactions in the energy, real estate, banking, and industrials sectors. His focus further extends to corporate and commercial law, litigation, anti-money laundering, antitrust and competition issues as well as employment, in particular employee relocation.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Corporate and M&A
- А FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY, specialising in the evaluation and processing of receivables, on the acquisition of loan portfolio from one of the largest banks in Bulgaria
- ONE OF THE LARGEST TELECOMS COMPANIES IN BULGARIA on the acquisition of a Bulgarian telecoms operator
- A TOP TEN ENERGY COMPANY IN EUROPE on the sale of its Bulgarian subsidiaries, including a thermoelectric power plant in Bulgaria
Real Estate & Construction
- ONE OF THE LARGEST CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES IN BULGARIA on its bid for the construction of а 4 MWp PV power plant, bids for acquisition of land plots for residential and industrial construction as well as advising on projects for commercial and residential development
Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- AN INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTION in connection with the recovery of a portfolio of loan facilities
- AN INTERNATIONAL BANKING INSTITUTION on the establishment and restructuring of certain securities related to loan facilities agreements
- AN INTERNATIONAL LEDNING COMPANY on the cross-border acquisition of a Bulgarian banking institution alongside the bank’s subsidiaries in Romania
- 2015 – 2016: King’s College, London, UK, Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law
- 2008 – 2013: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, Faculty of Law, LL.M.
Sofia Bar Association