Madalina Anghenie is a Senior Associate in the Bucharest office. She specialises in employment and labour law matters, having gained noteworthy experience in a broad range of employment law matters involving day to day employment advice concerning individual employment agreements / collective bargaining agreements, TUPE implementation, individual / collective dismissals.
Madalina has also been part of teams assisting companies in resolving complex related litigation matters (e.g., challenging of dismissal decisions, damages for alleged harassment). She also brings significant expertise on life sciences matters, mastering regulatory, commercial and contractual aspects, as well as legislative adjustments in the pharma sector.
Madalina Anghenie is a highly trained lawyer.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
EMPLOYMENT AND LABOUR LAW
- VISTEON ELECTRONICS, an American global automotive electronics supplier, on a day-to-day advice on the creation of a new business in Romania, particularly on creating an HR system aligned to HQ’s standards and Romanian laws, advice on the review of individual employment agreements, negotiation of the collective bargaining agreement applicable at the level of the Romanian subsidiary and other matters
- MAERSK, a leading shipping company, on various employment law matters, including a complex internal reorganization of a Romanian subsidiary, involving employment relationship terminations
- GOPRO on various day-to-day employment law matters, including revision of the employees’ handbook, assistance with employment termination matters and performance bonuses
- ONE OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST METAL PACKAGING on complex mandates, including the implementation of a collective dismissal of employees from one of its factories in Romania
- AECOM ENGINEERS & CONSTRUCTORS, a Romanian subsidiary of an American multinational engineering firm, on day-to-day employment matters, including restructuring procedures and various employment queries in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak
life sciences and healthcare
- STADA ARZNEIMITTEL on pharma regulatory aspects in the context of the acquisition of Walmark, a leading manufacturer of consumer health products in Central Europe, from Mid Europa Partners
- A COMPANY RENOWNED FOR MANUFACTURING AND DISTRIBUTING MEDICINES, SUPPLEMENTS AND COSMETICS on various day-to-day pharma regulatory aspects
- A PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY PRODUCING WOMEN’S HEALTH PRODUCTS on various day-to-day regulatory and contractual aspects, including conclusion of agreements with healthcare professionals and advertising of medicinal products and medical devices
- 2013 – 2014: University Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, France, French-Romanian Law College of European Studies, Master in European and International Business Law
- 2009 – 2013: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association
Romanian, English, French
- Some considerations on the legal regime of the transfer of foreign employees who work on the territory of Romania under Law no. 67/2006, Romanian Labour Law Review, June 2019
- The conditions and procedure for granting the cumulative weekly rest to employees, Romanian Labour Law Review, January 2019
- Brief analysis regarding the criteria applied by labour authorities for requalification of contracts into individual employment contracts, Romanian Labour Law Review, June 2018