Irina Voloboi is a Senior Associate in the Almaty office. She focuses on M&A and corporate, as well as banking, finance and capital markets transactions. Irina also has experience in negotiating and drafting subsoil use contracts.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of Alnair Capital Holding JSC and its 28.08% shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC, the largest bank in Kazakhstan, as a result of which Mr Rakishev increased his total shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC to 56.75% of its issued common share capital
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of a 46.5% stake in JSC BTA Bank from JSC Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna
- EBRD and UNICREDIT BANK on the USD 260 million project financing of Voskhod Oriel and Voskhod Chrome
- JSC HALYK BANK KAZAKHSTAN on the merger control aspects of the acquisition of SB HSBC Bank Kazakhstan JSC
- EURASIAN NATURAL RESOURCES CORPORATION PLC on its acquisition of a 25% shareholding in Shubarkol Komir JSC, a major thermal coal producer in Kazakhstan*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 1993 – 1997: Adilet Higher Law School, Almaty, Bachelor of Law