Kuanysh Shekerbekov is a Senior Associate in the Almaty office. He focuses on M&A, competition, telecommunications, data protection and tax.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- HALYK BANK JSC on its acquisition of Kazkommertsbank JSC from Mr Kenges Rakishev and the Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of Alnair Capital Holding JSC and its 28.08% shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC, the largest bank in Kazakhstan, as a result of which Mr Rakishev increased his total shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC to 56.75% of its issued common share capital
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of a 46.5% stake in JSC BTA Bank from JSC Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna
- KCELL JOINT STOCK COMPANY, a leading cellular phone provider in Kazakhstan, on its USD 525 million initial public offering via a listing of GDRs on the London Stock Exchange and of shares on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 2009 – 2010: University of Leicester, LL.M. (Distinction) in International Commercial Law
- 2001 – 2005: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Specialist in International Law (Honours)
English, Russian, Kazakh