Maksim Grekov is Of Counsel in the Almaty office. He focuses on M&A and corporate as well as banking and finance, including debt and equity capital markets, derivatives and other financial products.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- A CONSORTIUM OF BANKS on a USD 1.5 billion loan to Kazakhstan National Welfare Fund "Samruk-Kazyna" for a acquisition of 50% of KazMunaiGas' shares in KMG Kashagan B.V., a shareholder in the project to develop the giant Kashagan oil field in the Kazakhstan sector of the Caspian Sea
- KAZ MINERALS PLC on a USD 300 million credit facility from the Development Bank of Kazakhstan to finance the completion of the Aktogay project, KAZ Minerals' second major growth project
- A CONSORTIUM OF MAJORITY SHAREHOLDERS on the buy-out of the minority shareholders in ENRC, a major Kazakhstan metal production conglomerate*
- CITIGROUP, SBERBANK CIB, VTB CAPITAL and HALYK FINANCE on a USD 400 million Eurobond offering of Nostrum Oil & Gas Finance B.V. guaranteed by Zhaikmunai LLP, a major independent Kazakhstan oil & gas production company
- UNDERWRITERS on the pioneer IPO of KCell JSC, a major Kazakhstan telecommunications company*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 1992 – 1996: Adilet Higher Law School, Almaty, Bachelor of Law (Distinction)
- 1982 – 1990: Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia, B.Sc. in Physics
- Rehabilitation in Kazakhstan: A Renewed Path for Business in Trouble, Emerging Markets Restructuring Journal No. 1, spring 2016 (co-author)
- Equity Capital Markets in Kazakhstan: Regulatory Overview, Practical Law, September 2015 (co-author)
- Kazakhstan’s New Arbitration Law – Uncertainties About the Choice of International Arbitration, October Oil & Gas Issue of Investors' Voice, 2016 (co-authored with Joel Benjamin)
- Several publications in BNA International Reports on Kazakhstan capital markets/derivatives developments
- International Law Office (www.internationallawoffice.com, online newsletters), quarterly updates to Kazakhstan Capital Markets and Derivatives Sections, 2004 - 2007