Dániel Endre Nagy is a Senior Associate in the Budapest office, the head of the local Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) service, and the co-head of the firm-wide Data & Cybersecurity services.
Dániel focuses on the Technology, Media & Telecommunications sector with particular expertise in data protection, data privacy, intellectual property law, copyright law and technology. He has gained extensive experience in privacy, GDPR and data protection issues, as well as trademarks, broad range of IP agreements, as well as in software license, development, and various sector specific contracts (e. g. in the IT, automotive and financial services).
Dániel has also conducted scores of data protection compliance projects based on the GDPR (including e.g. screening of groups of companies, factories, healthcare providers etc.), has provided privacy advice to companies that process large amounts of personal data, and has conducted numerous data protection impact assessments in connection with challenging and innovative data management.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
DATA MANAGEMENT & PRIVACY
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a series of GDPR compliance projects regarding newly developed office buildings
- Licensing of a multi-national brokerage firm including bringing in line the internal data protection rules of the Hungarian affiliate with both the local regulations and group-wide policies
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT in the IT sector regarding a highly innovative workplace analytics solution
technology, media & telecommunications (tmt)
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT in the preparation of a high-value software license/work agreement concerning the development of the mobile application of a major bank operating in Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT in the start-up space to ensure the compliance of its online appointment system with Hungarian and EU regulations
- Provided ongoing legal advice to a brokerage firm that is considered as one of the trailblazers concerning providing online brokerage services
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT operating in the public catering sector concerning the acquisition of a utility patent on their innovative food container
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT in a trademark dispute against one of the largest social networks
- Advised and prepared the license agreements for a CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT that operates in the automotive industry and provides software solutions for large automakers
- 2017: ELTE, Postgraduate Degree in Investment, Corporate Finance and Stock Exchange Law
- 2009: Université Jean Moulin Lyon III, France, Master in French Law
- 2009: University of Szeged, Hungary, Faculty of Law
- 2007 – 2009: Sorbonne University, Paris, France, Faculty of Law, ERASMUS exchange programme
- Budapest Bar Association
- Hungarian Copyright Forum Association
- Hungarian Association for the Protection of Industrial Property and Copyright
Hungarian, English, French