Galyna Zagorodniuk is a Partner in the Kyiv office, the head of the local Competition & State Aid practice and the co-head of the local Corporate and M&A practice. Galyna also chairs the firm’s pro-bono activity.
She specialises in corporate, M&A and competition law. Her expertise covers diverse industries, including manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, oil & gas, hospitality and FMCG.
Galyna has extensive experience advising on international M&A and corporate and regulatory matters. She also provides clients with competition law advice, including obtaining merger clearance, legal support during investigations performed by the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine, and competition compliance. Galyna’s experience includes prior work at major international and Ukrainian law firms, including the Ukrainian office of a Big-4 company, and at the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine.
A source describes her as 'insightful in the advice that she provides'.
Galyna Zagorodniuk is experienced in handling a range of corporate and transactional matters, which is supported by her expertise in competition and antitrust.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING*
M&A and corporate
- AN AMERICAN MULTINATIONAL CONGLOMERATE TECHNOLOGY COMPANY on the acquisition of an international provider of comprehensive data-management, database development and migration services, with almost 500 developers in Ukraine
- ARISTOCRAT LEISURE, one of the largest global manufacturers of gaming solutions, on the USD 500 million acquisition of Plarium Global, an Israeli social gaming developer
- PERION NETWORK on the USD 3.75 million acquisition of Septa Communications LLC, also known as Captain Growth, a Ukrainian start-up that applies AI-driven technologies to marketing services
- INTERNATIONAL INVESTORS on the acquisition of a leading Ukrainian aviation engine producer
competition & state aid
- NEQSOL on obtaining a merger clearance in relation to the USD 734 million acquisition of Vodafone Ukraine (one of the largest local mobile network operators with approx. 20 million subscribers) from the Russian telecommunications operator MTS Group—named as “Deal of the Year” in Ukraine by CEE Legal Matters and #1 among the top-10 largest M&A transactions in Ukraine in 2019 by InVenture investments analytics
- ALD S.A., part of Société Générale, on obtaining a merger control clearance from the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for the establishment of a joint venture with Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited
- VARIOUS MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES on obtaining numerous (100+) permits, recommendations of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for concentrations, concerted practices, other actions within domestic and cross border transactions (companies include: Radisson, Wipro, Egis, Orkla Foods, Deere & Company, Discovery Communications, Limagrain, Ferrero, Mondelez, Eni S.p.A., Billa Ukraine, WPP, Cargill, Leroy Merlin, Saint Gobain, Sanofi, Pfizer, Takeda, Sandoz, GlaxoSmithKline and others).
* Experience prior to joining Kinstellar
- 2008 – 2010: University of London, UK, LL.M. (with merit)
- 1993 – 1998: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, Faculty of Law, Master’s degree
Ukrainian, Russian, English