Cătălin Graure is a Senior Associate in our Bucharest office focusing on competition and energy related matters. He has been assisting both domestic and international clients on complex competition law matters such as competition investigations, merger control and internal compliance or energy-related projects, including electricity generation (both conventional and renewable), distribution & supply and natural gas trading & supply aspects.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- A CENTRAL EUROPEAN INVESTMENT GROUP on the competition clearance with commitments by the Romanian Competition Council of one of the largest transactions in the pharmaceuticals sector in Romania
- AN IMPORTANT RETAILER IN CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE on obtaining the competition clearance from the Romanian Competition Council for the acquisition of a regional online platform
- AN ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION, GAS SHIPPING, LNG CHARTER, AND STEEL PRODUCTION SERVICES PROVIDER on gas regulatory requirements in Romania, including gas transmission and supply matters, and in obtaining and maintaining a gas supply licence in Romania, including procedures before the Romanian energy regulator
- AN INTEGRATED EUROPEAN ENERGY COMPANY, based in Switzerland, on its expansion in Romania through a major acquisition in the energy and gas markets, namely of Repower Furnizare, a company with an annual turnover of over EUR 100 million, including obtaining the clearance from the Romanian Competition Council
- A KEY POWER AND GAS PLAYER IN ROMANIA on its group reorganisation plans, as well as in respect of energy regulatory issues in the power and gas sector, including centralised trading markets and green certificates contracts
- AN IMPORTANT ENERGY PLAYER IN ROMANIA on the potential acquisition of a natural gas trading and supply business
- 2013: Hague Academy of International Law, Centre for Studies and Research in International Law and International Relations
- 2011 – 2012: Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University, M.A. in Public International Law
- 2010 – 2011: Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University, M.A. in European and International Business Law
- 2007 – 2010: Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University, B.A.
- 2009 – 2010: University of Strasbourg, Faculty of Law, B.A.
- 2007 – 2011: University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association
Romanian, English, French