Bogdan Bibicu is a Partner in the Bucharest office, the co-head of the firm-wide Compliance, Risk & Sensitive Investigations (CRSI) practice, the head of the Romanian Banking, Finance & Capital Markets, Restructuring & Insolvency and CRSI practices.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- TWO MAJOR INTERNATIONAL CREDIT INSTITUTIONS, as lenders part of a syndicate of international banks, on a complex debt raising by a leading Romanian telecommunications company of an aggregate amount of EUR 800 million (including a syndicate loan and a bond issue)
- A LARGE INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT FIRM, as arranger and security agent, on the Romanian law aspects of a USD 300 million loan facility for an international group operating in the steel sector
- A SYNDICATE OF MAJOR INTERNATIONAL CREDIT INSTITUTIONS, as lenders, on the Romanian law aspects of loan facilities of EUR 153 million and PLN 233 million to finance the acquisition and operation of the largest operator of multiplex cinemas in the CEE region
- ONE OF THE LARGEST HEALTHCARE INVESTORS AND OPERATORS on the Romanian law aspects of a guaranteed and secured EUR 250 million credit facility granted by ING Bank N.V. and Unicredit Bank Austria AG to provide working capital and acquisition facilities
- A LARGE INTERNATIONAL CREDIT INSTITUTION, as agent, on the amendment and restructuring of pre-existing facilities granted to a leading international manufacturer and provider of railway systems, also with operations in Romania, including matters related to intra-group guarantees/security
- 2002: Freie University, Berlin, LL.M.
- 2001 – 2002: University of Bucharest, Centre for Economic and Administrative Studies, LL.M. in EU Law
- 1998 – 2002: University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association