Zdeněk Kučera is a Counsel in the Prague office, the head of the local Dispute Resolution and Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) practices and the co-head of the firm-wide TMT sector.
Zdeněk specialises in technology contracts, cybersecurity, telecommunications, media law and data protection. He also advises on public contract issues, namely in the technology sector. His experience includes participation in the legal assessments of IT products, company acquisitions, online project structurings, and representing clients in various disputes and insolvency matters.
His advice is always to the point and extremely helpful, and he does things practically and straightforwardly.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT)
- ACKEE, a Czech mobile applications developer, on corporate, commercial and software law matters
- CANAL+ GROUP on the IT/IP aspects of the acquisition of M7 Group, one of the largest independent pay-TV operators in Europe, operating in Benelux, Germany and Central Europe
- TWILIO, a cloud communications platform, on telecommunication agreements
- FACEBOOK on various multijurisdictional compliance and data protection projects
- KIWI.COM on various commercial and regulatory questions in the EU
- A CZECH ONLINE TRAVEL AGENCY on its dispute relating to copyright and database law
- A CZECH MANUFACTURER on various disputes exceeding hundreds of millions CZK
- A FOREIGN BANK on a dispute with its core software provider
- A CZECH BANK on its potential dispute with an outsourcing provider. The advisory included assessment of potential claims relating to state aid law, contractual law, criminal law, or ICT law
- THE FACILITATORS OF THE WORLDWIDE GAME GEOCACHING on data protection and IP rights disputes in the Czech Republic
- 2009 – 2014: Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, Faculty of Law, Ph.D.
- 2007 – 2008: University of Zurich, Switzerland, ICT Law, Banking Law, Private International Law
- 2003 – 2008: Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, Faculty of Law, Master of Law (Mgr.)
- 2003 – 2007: Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, Faculty of Economics and Administration, Bachelor of Economics (Bc.)
- Czech Bar Association
- Copyright Court Appointed Expert
- Software Engineering Department, Faculty of Information Technology, Czech Technical University
- Centre of Legal Skills, Faculty of Law, Charles University, Prague
- Association Littéraire et Artistique Internationale
- Editorial Board of Revue for Law and Technology
- Technology and Human Rights Working Group
Czech, English, German