Andriy Nikiforov is a Counsel in the Kyiv office and the head of the local Banking, Finance & Capital Markets and Restructuring & Insolvency practices. His primary focus is on capital markets, finance, restructurings, banking regulatory, as well as M&A, real estate and TMT related matters.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- ARCELORMITTAL KRYVYI RIH, Ukraine’s largest steel mill, in connection with a USD 350 million loan facility provided by the EBRD and a syndicate of commercial banks
- SUPERVISORY BOARD OF NAFTOGAZ OF UKRAINE, Ukraine’s largest state-owned oil and gas company, on various finance matters including entering into new loan facilities by Naftogaz
- METINVEST B.V., the largest Ukrainian private business, on the restructuring of its Eurobond and bank debt, including four PXF facilities, in an aggregate outstanding amount in excess of USD 2.3 billion*
- VIMPELCOM, the international telecommunications business, on Ukrainian matters related to the issuance of USD 1.2 billion notes by the VimpelCom’s subsidiary, Global Telecom Holding S.A.E.*
- METINVEST B.V. on the update of its USD 1.5 billion MTN Programme, the issuance of USD 290 million notes due 2017 listed on the Irish Stock Exchange under the Programme and the exchange offer in respect of its outstanding USD 500 million notes due 2015*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 2015 – 2016: University of California, Berkeley School of Law, LL.M.
- 2003 – 2005: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Faculty of Law, Master’s Degree in Law
- 1999 – 2003: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Faculty of Law, Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Chair of the Banking, Finance and Insurance Committee of the Ukrainian Bar Association
Ukrainian, Russian, English
- Cutting the Gordian knot: Eurobond LPN-structures and new rules of taxation, Forbes Ukraine, 2017
- New debt restructuring law in Ukraine to upgrade the parties pre-insolvency toolkits, CGSH Emerging Markets Restructuring Journal, 2016
- Why entering into e-contracts is not just clicking and tapping, Legal Newspaper, 2016
- Another chance to learn the Eurobond restructuring lesson, Ukrainian Law Firms, 2015
- Eurobonds from Ukraine: a decade in review, Ukrainian Journal of Business Law, 2015
- FATCA: what a Ukrainian borrower should care about, delo.ua, 2014
- A few reasons to engage a legal counsel early in the IPO process, IPO Guide, 2011
- Interest rate swaps in Ukraine: the legal perspective, Law Newspaper, 2008