Kuanysh Shekerbekov is a Senior Associate in the Almaty office. He focuses on M&A, capital markets, data protection, and tax law.
We usually work with Adlet Yerkinbayev and Kuanysh Shekerbekov for corporate and M&A oriented issues. They are experienced, commercial and responsive. They look at the problems from the perspective of business and try to make the deal happen. They are creative and always seek solutions to issues. They would go the extra mile for their client.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- KAZAKHSTAN ENERGY REINSURANCE COMPANY LTD. on its redomiciliation from Bermuda Islands to the Astana International Financial Center. This sets a precedent for Kazakhstan companies to transfer operations and capital from offshore jurisdictions to the country.
- HALYK BANK JSC on the acquisition of Kazkommertsbank JSC from Mr Kenges Rakishev and the Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of Alnair Capital Holding JSC and its 28.08% shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC, the largest bank in Kazakhstan, as a result of which Mr Rakishev increased his total shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC to 56.75% of its issued common share capital
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of a 46.5% stake in JSC BTA Bank from JSC Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the acquisition of companies owning logistics complexes in Russian Federation
- MAJOR CHINESE PRIVATE ENTERPRISE on the potential acquisition of a Kazakhstan maritime shipping company
- INTERNATIONAL MINERAL RESOURCES II B.V. on the sale of 100% of issued and placed shares of KoZhaN JSC, an oil company, via open trade on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT)
- ALEM COMMUNICATIONS HOLDING LLP on the sale of Digital TV LLP, a cable TV operator, to JSC Kazakhtelecom
- ALEM COMMUNICATIONS HOLDING LLP on the sale of Aksoran LLP, a WiMAX operator, to a subsidiary of TeliaSonera AB
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS on the sale of an interest in an independent Kazakhstan telecommunications operator to a European telecommunications operator and the formation of a joint venture with that operator
- TELE2 SVERIGE AB on the acquisition of a 51% interest in Mobile Telecom Service, the third-largest Kazakhstan cellular operator, from JSC Kazakhtelecom
- KCELL JOINT STOCK COMPANY, a leading cellular phone provider in Kazakhstan, on its USD 525 million initial public offering via a listing of GDRs on the London Stock Exchange and of shares on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 2009 – 2010: University of Leicester, UK, LL.M. in International Commercial Law (Distinction)
- 2001 – 2005: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Specialist in International Law (Honours)
English, Russian, Kazakh