Maya Medzhedelieva is a Senior Associate in the Sofia office. She focuses on technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) with particular emphasis on technology and payments, including regulation of blockchain and crypto companies.
Her experience further extends to corporate transactions and M&A deals, compliance with anti-money laundering/counter terrorist financing policies, general corporate law, and banking and finance.
Maya is a certified data protection officer.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- WEX GROUP, a leading fintech service/payment solutions provider, on data protection and anti-money laundering matters and on regulatory compliance related to off-shore services, IT security standards, third party hosting services, and know your client/counter terrorism financing
- AN AMERICAN MULTINATIONAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANY on a recently launched cloud-gaming service and, in particular, on geo-restrictions and consumer protection issues
- SMULE, a Silicon Valley music mobile app developer, on the IP and data protection aspects of their operations in Bulgaria
- FACEBOOK on regulatory issues related to the deployment of new e-commerce services
- VODAFONE on legal and regulatory obligations for retention of personal and business data, which required review of legislation on employment, tax, finance and electronic communication; as well as on the regulatory aspects of deploying new equipment
М&А & Corporate
- STADA ARZNEIMITTEL, a leading Bain & Cinven-backed pharmaceuticals manufacturer, on the acquisition of Walmark, one of the fastest growing CEE consumer healthcare companies, from Mid Europa Partners; this was one of the most significant transactions in the CEE consumer health sector in 2019
- ALLVOTEC, a global IT services company, on the due diligence and transaction support as part of the acquisition of ISG Technologies, a Bulgarian company of 200 software developers
- A MID-MARKET EUROPEAN PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM on its bid submission for the cross-border acquisition of an FMCG company, a world leader in air care and pest control
Banking, Finance & Capital markets
- AN AMERICAN FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY on various EU and Bulgarian regulatory and compliance matters, such as payments, data protection and anti-money laundering
- A HOLDING COMPANY SPECIALISING IN FINTECH SOLUTIONS in Central and Eastern Europe on conformity with anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing legislation
- OTP BANK & DSK BANK on negotiating a EUR 30.5 million loan for the construction and operation of a major office complex in Sofia – Office X, including on due diligence, drafting of the full set of financing documents, signing and perfection of the security and preparation of the condition precedents for the financing
- 1998 – 2003: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
- 2000 – 2002: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, Faculty of Philosophy
Sofia Bar Association
Bulgarian, English, Russian