Atanas Mihaylov is a Managing Associate in the Sofia office. Atanas focuses on infrastructure and real estate development projects and M&A transactions, advising both on legal and tax aspects.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- AN INTERNATIONAL GAS INFRASTRUCTURE COMPANY on the development of cross-border offshore gas pipeline, including maritime and onshore spatial planning, acquisition of property rights, environmental and construction permitting, as well as appeal and litigation against third party claims, operational and tax matters
- A LEADING AUSTRIAN DEVELOPER on the acquisition and development of a large ex-industrial area in Sofia, including in respect to environmental authorisations and permitting, operating contracts, design and construction works, usage of existing infrastructure and tax matters
- A GLOBAL PRIVATE EQUITY FUND on the regulatory and tax aspects of the acquisition of two portfolios consisting of non-performing loans and repossessed assets from two Bulgarian banks
- A LEADING CEE WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER, based in the Czech Republic, on land acquisition in Sofia for the construction of warehouses. The support involved change of the planning status of the land plot, obtaining optimal construction parameters, providing legal possibilities for connection to the utility providers’ networks and preparation, review and negotiation of the acquisition agreements
- A LEADING GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANY on the acquisition of a sizeable land plot for the construction of its office building in Sofia, including support on spatial planning, environmental and permitting issues and preparing, as well as on reviewing and negotiating of design and construction contracts
Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 2004 – 2005: Central European University, Budapest, Hungary, LL.M. in International Business Law
- 2005 – 2005: Emory University, USA, Certificate in World Law
- 2003 – 2003: Institute of Industrial Relations and Management, Sofia, Bulgaria, Certification in "Organisation, management and accounting of small and medium sized firms"
- 1997 – 2002: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, LL.M.
- Overview of the Tax and Legal Environment for Private Clients in Bulgaria, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, 2019
- Real Estate Law Review, 7th Edition, Chapter for Bulgaria, 2018
- The Future of transfer pricing, International Fiscal Association, Branch Report – Bulgaria, 2017
- Novelties in the European Regime for VAT on Services Related to Real Estate, European Law Review, 2017
- Construction of Elements of the Technical Infrastructure Free of Charge on State or Municipality-owned Land in the Light of EU law (Case C-118/11, E.ON Asset Management), European Law Review, 2012
- Debt-to-equity conversions in Bulgaria, The In-house Lawyer, 2011
- Erosion of capital, International Finance Law Review, 2011