Mukhit Yeleuov is a Partner in the Almaty office and the Head of the Kazakhstan Dispute Resolution practice. Mukhit has many years of experience representing clients in Kazakhstan courts (including the Supreme Court) as well as in international arbitration proceedings. Mukhit also acts as an expert on Kazakh law matters in foreign courts and international arbitration proceedings.
Mukhit Yeleuov is outstanding, reliable and extremely pleasant to work with. He is very responsive, thoughtful and technically skilled.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- A MAJOR DEVELOPMENT, INVESTMENT AND MANAGEMENT COMPANY on a multimillion-dollar international commercial arbitration against a building contractor related to a design and build contract for a major project
- A LARGE INDUSTRIAL ENTERPRISE on a complex multimillion-dollar insurance dispute
- A GLOBAL OIL AND GAS COMPANY on a potential multimillion-dollar claim by its contractor
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on an investigation against its employees in connection with alleged fraudulent transactions
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on potential consumer claims, regulatory agency claims, and claims by other state authorities related to a new product
- 2020: CEDR Mediator Accreditation Course
- 2003 – 2006: Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, USA, Doctor of Juridical Science (S.J.D.)
- 1999 – 2001: Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, USA, LL.M.
- 1995 – 1999: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Bachelor's degree (with highest honours)
- Member of the Management Board of the Kazakhstan Bar Association
- Member of the Kazakhstan Bar Association Committee on Courts and Arbitration
- Member of the Global Advisory Board at Indiana University Maurer School of Law
Kazakh, Russian English, Turkish
- Kazakhstan: Overview of Investment Treaty Programme, Global Arbitration Review (GAR), 2018 (co-authored)
- Civil Procedure: Some Problems of Evidence, Zanger Magazine (published by the Union of Judges of the Republic of Kazakhstan), 2017
- Kazakhstan: Overview of Investment Treaty Programme, Global Arbitration Review (GAR), 2017 (co-authored)
- Investment climate and dispute resolution: some problems and solutions, Compendium of reports at the XV Anniversary International Atyrau Legal Conference, 2017
- Kazakhstan: Overview of Investment Treaty Programme, Global Arbitration Review, September 2016 (co-authored)
- The New Civil Procedure Code: Key Changes, IV Investors’ Voice # 69, The American Chamber of Commerce in Kazakhstan, April 2016