Mukhit Yeleuov is a Partner in the Almaty office. Mukhit has significant experience in corporate and shareholder disputes, contractual and commercial disputes, construction disputes, professional malpractice disputes, product liability disputes, employment disputes, customs and tax disputes, and other regulatory disputes. For a number of years, the international legal directories have consistently recognised Mukhit as a leading dispute resolution lawyer in Kazakhstan.
Mukhit is ranked as one of the three leading dispute resolution practitioners in Kazakhstan (Tier 1) by Legal 500, 2018. Mukhit is also recognized as one of the leading dispute resolution lawyers in Kazakhstan (Band 1) by Chambers and Partners, 2018.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- A LARGE INDUSTRIAL ENTERPRISE on a complex multimillion-dollar insurance dispute
- A MAJOR CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTOR on a multimillion-dollar dispute with a client related to alleged defects in construction work, attempted use of a guarantee for a defects notification period, and other issues
- A GLOBAL CONSUMER GOODS COMPANY on several interrelated disputes with the customs authorities, pertaining to multimillion-dollar claims against the company in connection with customs classification of multicomponent goods
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on potential consumer claims, regulatory agency claims, and claims by other state authorities related to a new product being released
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a potential contractual dispute with, and an investigation by, a global pharmaceutical corporation
- 2003 – 2006: Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana, USA, Doctor of Juridical Science (S.J.D.)
- 1999 – 2001: Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana, USA, LL.M.
- 1995 – 1999: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, bachelor's degree with highest honours
- Member of the Management Counsel of the Kazakhstan Bar Association
- Member of the Kazakhstan Bar Association Committee on Courts and Arbitration
- Member of EUROBAK HR Committee
- Member of the Global Advisory Board at Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Kazakh, Russian English, Turkish
- Kazakhstan: Overview of Investment Treaty Programme, Global Arbitration Review (GAR), 2018 (co-authored)
- Civil Procedure: Some Problems of Evidence, Zanger Magazine (published by the Union of Judges of the Republic of Kazakhstan), 2017
- Kazakhstan: Overview of Investment Treaty Programme, Global Arbitration Review (GAR), 2017 (co-authored)
- Investment climate and dispute resolution: some problems and solutions, Compendium of reports at the XV Anniversary International Atyrau Legal Conference, 2017
- Kazakhstan: Overview of Investment Treaty Programme, Global Arbitration Review, September 2016 (co-authored)
- The New Civil Procedure Code: Key Changes, IV Investors’ Voice # 69, The American Chamber of Commerce in Kazakhstan, April 2016