Péter Vörös is a Partner in the Budapest office, the co-head of the firm’s Competition Law practice and the head of the local Competition and Dispute Resolution practices.
Péter advises and represents clients in high-profile cartel, litigation and arbitration matters before Hungarian and European authorities and courts. He has represented clients before the ECJ, the General Court of the EU, various Hungarian Courts and the arbitration tribunal. He advises on civil law and arbitration disputes.
Péter also advises clients on competition law and state aid matters and assists clients in their competition law compliance efforts by preparing policies, holding trainings and conducting audits. In addition to his competition and litigation expertise, he also focuses on environmental matters.
One source enthuses: 'He is an esteemed lawyer,' while another emphasises: 'He has a lot of experience and is responsive and friendly'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT in an arbitration proceeding against a major tenant relating to the termination of a long-term lease agreement, and in connection with a litigation
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT in the administrative litigation against a decision adopted in a repeated cartel procedure
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT in an administrative lawsuit filed by the client as plaintiff against the National Bank of Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a cross-border contractual dispute with a Hungarian company related to the management of accounts receivables and debt collection procedures, including the initiation of a liquidation procedure and on-site enforcement measures
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a complex dispute settlement matter related to the development of residential apartments in Hungary
Competition & State Aid
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the competition law proceedings relating to the possible collusion in tenders for medical devices
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the possible merger control implications of acquiring another optical chain in Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the competition law and real estate law implications of a contractual arrangement with Tesco regarding the creation of shop-in-shop stores in Tesco hypermarkets
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on competition compliance matters, holding competition compliance trainings and advising on ongoing competition and compliance matters
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT in a state aid preliminary investigation prompted by a complainant, which has involved coordination with many governmental/state-owned entities
- 2001 – 2004: Eötvös Loránd University of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary, LL.M. in Environmental Law
- 1995: Åbo Akademi, Turku, Finland, Environmental Law Course
- 1995: Turun Yliopisto, Turku, Finland, International Trade Law Course
- 1994 – 1998: Attila József University, Szeged, Hungary, Faculty of European Law Studies
- 1993 – 1998: Attila József University, Szeged, Hungary, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
Fejér County Bar Association
Hungarian, English, German