Almas Zhaiylgan is a Counsel in the Almaty office. He has more than 20 years of experience advising companies in the oil, gas and mining sectors, as well as on upstream exploration and production projects in Kazakhstan.
Almas also has broad experience in mergers and acquisitions and regularly advises clients on various corporate, regulatory and compliance matters.
Almas Zhaiylgan wins widespread praise from sources, who describe him as a 'very bright" and 'technically strong' specialist in the field.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Energy & Natural Resources
- A MAJOR PETROLEUM COMPANY on the acquisitions of interests in two Kazakhstan entities having rights to exploration and production assets*
- A NATIONAL OIL COMPANY on the acquisition of a stake in the Kashagan oil field in the Kazakhstan sector of the Caspian Sea*
- A MAJOR OIL COMPANY on its acquisition of an interest in an oil block in the North Caspian*
- ENRC PLC, a diversified industrial group with large holdings in mining and metals, on its successful initial public offering (IPO) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE), which raised GBP 1.5 billion*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 2004 – 2005: University of Houston Law Center, Houston, USA, LL.M. in Energy, Environment and Natural Resources
- 2004 – 2005: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Specialist in International Law (with honours)
- 1995 – 1997: Indiana University, Bloomington, USA, BS in Business
- Member of Kazakhstan Petroleum Lawyers' Association
- Member of Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Arbitrator of the Kazakhstan International Arbitrage
English, Russian, Kazakh
- Exploration and production of hydrocarbons within the framework of the Draft Subsurface and Subsurface Use Code, Oil and Gas of Kazakhstan, 2016