Adlet Yerkinbayev is a Partner in the Almaty office. He focuses on corporate and M&A, as well as on debt and equity capital markets, banking and finance.
Adlet Yerkinbayev is praised by clients for the valuable insight he brings to corporate mandates.
As one source extols, 'he is insightful and hands-on; he doesn't just lead the team but his analysis adds value.' Another confirms this, highlighting his negotiating skills: 'He is results-driven and a very strong debater'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- VENUS AIRPORT HOLDINGS B.V. on the proposed sale of 100% of the share capital of International Airport Almaty JSC, which is deemed to be a strategic asset under Kazakhstan law, to entities representing a consortium of TAV Airports, a member of Groupe ADP, and VPE Capital
- KAZAKHSTAN ENERGY REINSURANCE COMPANY LTD. on its redomiciliation from Bermuda Islands to the Astana International Financial Center. This sets a precedent for Kazakhstan companies to transfer operations and capital from offshore jurisdictions to the country
- HALYK BANK JSC on the acquisition of Kazkommertsbank JSC from Mr Kenges Rakishev and Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of Alnair Capital Holding JSC and its 28.08% shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC, the largest bank in Kazakhstan, as a result of which Mr Rakishev increased his total shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC to 56.75% of its issued common share capital
- HALYK BANK JSC on the sale of a 60% stake in the share capital of its subsidiary bank Altyn Bank JSC to China CITIC Bank Corporation Limited and China Shuangwei Investment
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of 46.5% stake in JSC BTA Bank from JSC Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna
- JSC "NATIONAL COMPANY "KAZMUNAIGAS", the national oil & gas company, on a proposed amendment of the relationship agreement with KazMunaiGas Exploration Production (KMG EP), a subsidiary of NC KMG and the charter of KMG EP and a related offer to the minority shareholders of KMG EP to purchase GDRs and shares of KMG EP
Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- JOINT LEAD MANAGERS AND DEALERS on the update of the USD 10.5 billion Global Medium Term Notes Programme established by National Company KazMunayGas and its finance subsidiary, KazMunaiGaz Finance Sub BV, and the issuance by National Company KazMunayGas of the Notes thereunder for the amount of USD 2.75 billion
- TWO MULTILATERAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS on a financing for the construction, development and operation of four solar plants and one wind plant in Kazakhstan
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a multi-billion financing of a polypropylene project in Kazakhstan
- A CONSORTIUM OF BANKS on a USD 1.5 billion loan to the Kazakhstan National Welfare Fund "Samruk-Kazyna" for the purchase of 50% of KazMunaiGas' share in KMG Kashagan B.V., a shareholder in the project to develop the giant Kashagan oil field in the Kazakhstan sector of the Caspian Sea
- 2004 – 2005: Harvard Law School, Cambridge, USA, LL.M.
- 1997 – 2002: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Specialist in International Law (Distinction)
Member of the New York State Bar
English, Russian, Kazakh
- Rehabilitation in Kazakhstan: A Renewed Path for Business in Trouble, Emerging Markets Restructuring Journal No. 1, Spring 2016 (co-author)