Irina Voloboi is a Senior Associate in the Almaty office. She focuses on M&A and corporate, as well as banking, finance and capital markets transactions.
Irina has also gained experience in negotiating and drafting subsoil use contracts.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of Alnair Capital Holding JSC and its 28.08% shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC, the largest bank in Kazakhstan, as a result of which Mr Rakishev increased his total shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC to 56.75% of its issued common share capital
- A MAJOR CHINESE PRIVATE ENTERPRISE on the potential acquisition of a Kazakhstan maritime shipping company
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of a 46.5% stake in JSC BTA Bank from JSC Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna
- A MAJOR MINING COMPANY on the sale of shares in a Kazakhstan subsurface user holding the rights to explore and produce copper in one of the deposits in Kazakhstan
- EURASIAN NATURAL RESOURCES CORPORATION PLC on the acquisition of a 25% shareholding in Shubarkol Komir JSC, a major thermal coal producer in Kazakhstan*
Banking & Finance
- TWO MULTILATERAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS on a financing for the construction, development and operation of four solar plants and one wind plant in Kazakhstan
- A CONSORTIUM OF BANKS on the financing of Tengizchevroil (TCO), a JV between Chevron, ExxonMobil, KazMunaiGas and LukOil, which operates Tengiz, one of the largest oilfields in the world, on the US$36.8 billion bank/bond financing required to undertake an expansion program (Future Growth Project-Wellhead Pressure Management Project)
- EBRD and UNICREDIT BANK on the USD 260 million project financing of Voskhod Oriel and Voskhod Chrome
- JSC HALYK BANK KAZAKHSTAN on the merger control aspects of the acquisition of SB HSBC Bank Kazakhstan JSC
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 1993 – 1997: Adilet Higher Law School, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Bachelor of Law