Zuzana Valoušková is a Senior Associate in the Prague office. She focuses on dispute resolution and arbitration, including complex settlement negotiation for a number of clients operating in various business segments (energy, aviation, pharma, construction, lifestyle).
She also has a strong background in competition law and general corporate matters.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- OPIMO TRADE / FER IMMO, as claimant, on various disputes with former management and suspicious activity in the context of insolvency proceedings of POLDI group
- A PRIVATE EQUITY FUND, as defendant, in a complex dispute over an alleged breach of fair competition practices and pre-contractual liability, the claim was ultimately rejected by the Czech Supreme Court
- A GLOBAL MEDICAL DEVICES MANUFACTURER in multiple settlement negotiations and court disputes regarding the recall of one of its devices from the market and subsequent claims raised by patients, including negotiations with the concerned insurance companies
- A GLOBAL AIRCRAFT LEASING COMPANY on disputes with certain airline operators and the enforcement of its rights to the aircrafts, including the grounding of the aircraft in Prague based on a court issues preliminary injunction and in cooperation with the Czech aviation authorities
- A PRIVATE EQUITY FUND, as defendant, in arbitration proceedings regarding a large shopping centre, the claim of a major tenant for a discount from the rent was ultimately rejected in full
- A REAL ESTATE GROUP, as claimant, against the Prague Transport Company regarding the use of a private building for the purpose of a metro entrance without adequate compensation
- A REAL ESTATE GROUP, as claimant, in court proceedings based on pre-contractual liability in relation to a transaction concerning the sale of a major administrative / commercial buidling against the seller
- 2010: Scholarship with the Barreau de Paris, France
- 1999 – 2005: Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, Faculty of Law, Master of Law (Mgr.)
- 2002 – 2003: Universidad Pública de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain, Faculty of Law, LL.M.
Czech Bar Association
Czech, English, Spanish, French