Ágnes Zsófia Szabó is a Senior Associate in the Budapest office. She primarily focuses on M&A, private equity and venture capital matters, project structuring and financing, contractual and corporate matters.
Ágnes has also gained significant experience in corporate law advice, group restructuring, setting up/winding up of business entities and investment structures as well as comprehensive corporate housekeeping.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the acquisition of Walmark, a leading manufacturer of consumer health products in Central Europe from Mid Europa Partners. Walmark has a unique portfolio of well-established consumer health brands across multiple categories, with a direct presence across nine European Union countries.
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the acquisition of a 16MW solar energy plant in Visonta, Hungary, the largest solar park in Hungary, and a unit of Mátrai Erőmű (Mátra Power Plant)
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on entering into an agreement for the acquisition of 98.99% of the registered capital and voting rights in the Hungarian company Tigáz from the Italian oil & gas giant Eni, including Eni’s gas distribution operations in Hungary through its participations in Tigáz DSO and Turulgáz
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the Hungarian law implications of its worldwide internal restructuring, including the preparation of relevant documents and of all required steps before the various competent regulatory entities in Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the establishment of a greenfield HUF 97.5 billion 430,000 sqm electric vehicle battery factory in Komárom, Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the acquisition of Salzol, a significant Hungarian apparel manufacturer, including due diligence and advising in relation to the transaction structure, negotiation of the sale and purchase agreement and assisting on the signing and closing of the transaction
- 2005 – 2011: Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- 2011: Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, Faculty of EU Law, Civil Law and Tax Law
- 2012 – 2016: Corvinus University, Budapest, Hungary, Faculty of Business Administration, Postgraduate Degree in Law and Economics
Budapest Bar Association