Răzvan Popa is a Partner in the Bucharest office, the head of the Romanian Corporate and M&A practice, and the co-head of the firm-wide Private Equity sector.
Răzvan has more than 20 years of experience advising major local and international clients across various sectors. While he has a strong focus on the agricultural & food processing, TMT and distressed assets sectors, he has also advised banks and financial institutions or companies in the automotive & industrials, construction, forestry, healthcare and life sciences sectors on various matters.
Răzvan Popa has long-standing expertise in the corporate field, routinely advising on M&A transactions and restructurings. 'He is very experienced and business-oriented', confirms one source.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- FIRST FARMS, a leading investor in agriculture in Eastern Europe, on the acquisition of a significant amount of agricultural land from NCH Capital, one of the largest land owners in Romania
- LIBERTY STEEL, UK steelmaker, on the acquisition of ArcelorMittal’s Romanian assets
- BRISEGROUP, a significant Romanian player in the agricultural sector, on the agreement with CEE Equity Partners regarding the modernization, integration and development of 15 grain silos and logistics hubs
- AGRICOST on the sale of the largest grain farm in Europe (exceeding 56,000 hectares) to Al Dahra Group, a leading group based in the United Arab Emirates
Private Equity and TMT
- FRANCISCO PARTNERS, a US-based leading technology focused private equity fund, on the acquisition of Avangate Group, an international technology-group started in Romania
- TURN/RIVER CAPITAL, a technology-focused private equity fund, on its strategic investment in Romania-based CoSoSys, leading provider of IT solutions for security and compliance
- 1995 – 1999: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association