Máté Nagy is a Senior Associate in the Budapest office. He focuses on banking͵ finance and capital markets.
Máté has extensive experience in advising on banking & finance, project finance, restructuring & insolvency, and corporate and real estate transactions. He is an expert in advising domestic and international lenders and borrowers in connection with all forms of debt, sovereign and secured borrowings as well as in advising on domestic and international restructuring matters to navigate clients through the turmoil of situations involving financially-troubled companies.
He has also provided advice on all forms of corporate matters, including company and group reorganisations, capital increases and reductions, share repurchases, buyouts, mergers, demergers, transformations, liquidations, and company establishment.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS on the EUR 335 million refinancing of West End City Center, one of Hungary’s best performing and most popular shopping centres
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS on the restructuring and the refinancing of the existing debt of Budapest Airport
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS on the financing of the development of Agora Tower and Agora Hub office buildings developed by HB Reavis, which are parts of the 136,000 sqm Agora Budapest office complex, including drafting finance documents and performing a due diligence
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on several financings for the development and construction of Samsung SDI's electric vehicle battery plant in Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the Hungarian law implications relating to Samsonite’s refinancing of Senior Credit Facilities through the issuance of EUR 350 million 3.5% senior notes due 2026
- 2005 – 2006: University of Szeged, Hungary, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- 2004 – 2005: University of Geneva, Switzerland, Faculty of Law, Certificate du droit transnational
- 2001 – 2004: University of Szeged, Hungary, Faculty of Law – Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3, France, French Law and European Law Formation
Budapest Bar Association
Hungarian, English, French