Ákos Nagy is a Partner in the Budapest office and the co-head of the firm-wide Compliance, Risk & Sensitive Investigations (CRSI) practice.
Ákos focuses on compliance, fraud and investigations, M&A and corporate matters, as well as on commercial law, TMT, employment and labour law matters.
Clients acknowledge Ákos Nagy for his 'strong technical knowledge, excellent co-ordination skills and tireless perseverance'.
Other sources appreciate that he is 'always responsive and always updated on the case'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- SK INNOVATION, a global Korean energy and chemical company, on the ongoing establishment of a greenfield HUF 97.5 billion (approx. EUR 300 million), 430,000 sqm electric vehicle battery factory in Komárom, Hungary
- MVM/HUNGAROWIND, as a buyer, on the acquisition of a 16 MW solar energy plant in Visonta, Hungary, a unit of Mátrai Power Plant, one of the largest solar parks in Hungary
- TEVA on the Hungarian law aspects of its USD 40.5 billion global takeover of Actavis Generics, the generics division of Allergan
Compliance, Risk and Sensitive Investigations
- A LEADING INTERNATIONAL MANUFACTURER OF CONSUMER PRODUCTS on a complex internal investigation in Hungary and the wider CEE region, including the recovery of former fraudulent activities, as well as representation in various proceedings
- A GLOBAL PHARMACEUTICALS COMPANY on a complex internal investigation extending to various practices and providing solutions to address control and management issues
- 2011: University of Pécs, Hungary, Faculty of Information and Communication Technology Law
- 2001 – 2002: University of Leiden, Netherlands, Faculty of Law, European law studies
- 1998 – 2004: University of Debrecen, Hungary, Faculty of Law and State Sciences, Bachelor of Law
Budapest Bar Association
Hungarian, English, German