Assel Mussina is a Senior Associate in the Almaty office. She is specialised in corporate, banking & finance, infrastructure and projects, as well as in real estate matters.
Joel Benjamin, Partner, and Assel Mussina, Senior Associate, were a great combination combining an understanding of an international client’s concerns with local know-how and a positive attitude.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
M&A and Corporate
- VENUS AIRPORT HOLDINGS B.V. on the proposed sale of 100% of the share capital of International Airport Almaty JSC, which is deemed to be a strategic asset under Kazakhstan law, to entities representing a consortium of TAV Airports, a member of Groupe ADP, and VPE Capital
- HALYK BANK JSC on the acquisition of Kazkommertsbank JSC from Mr Kenges Rakishev and the Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC
- TELE2 SVERIGE AB on its joint venture with JSC Kazakhtelecom, the national telecoms operator, and the combination of the cellular operations of their subsidiaries JSC Altel and Mobile Telecom-Services LLP (Tele2 Kazakhstan)
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on its investments into a major agricultural holding in Kazakhstan
Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- A CONSORTIUM OF BANKS, involved in the financing of Tengizchevroil (TCO), a JV between Chevron, ExxonMobil, KazMunaiGas and LukOil, which operates Tengiz, one of the largest oilfields in the world, on the USD 36.8 billion bank/bond financing required to undertake an expansion program (Future Growth Project-Wellhead Pressure Management Project)
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT in connection with the buyout of the loans from third-party banks and restructuring existing loans issued to a group of companies of a major agricultural holding in Kazakhstan
- MULTILATERAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTION on loans to various banks in Kazakhstan in support of: a mortgage-backed financing program, an agriculture leasing program, trade facilitation program, grain receipts program, small business program and local funding program*
- AL HILAL ISLAMIC BANK (the first Islamic bank in Kazakhstan) on the development of its finance products for the Kazakhstan market*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 1997 – 2002: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Bachelor of Law (Honours)