Alexandru Mocănescu is a Managing Associate in the Bucharest office. He focuses exclusively on real estate matters.
Prior to dedicating his full focus to the real estate sector, Alexandru also focused in competition law and as a litigation lawyer. He has worked as a key contact for numerous real estate clients, personally handling matters as diverse as due diligence, leasing, transaction documentation, asset management matters and public authorities’ liaison. Armed with a full-time MBA from HEC Paris (with a specialization in corporate finance), he also brings significant expertise to commercial matters.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Real Estate, Construction & Planning
- CROMWELL PROPERTY GROUP, a global real estate investor and manager, on the sale of A1 Bucharest Park to CTP, a CEE logistics developer and owner; considered the largest logistics transaction of 2020 in Romania
- A joint venture of the London-based RESOLUTION PROPERTY, a major property fund, a part of the Chinese giant Fosun, and ZEUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, a leading international real estate investment and asset management firm, on the successful acquisition of Floreasca Park, Bucharest, one of the 2020 largest office transactions in Romania with a total value of more than EUR 100 million
- LION’S HEAD INVESTMENTS, a joint venture controlled by the property division of Old Mutual, South Africa’s largest insurance company, and owner of income-producing commercial properties in CEE, on the acquisition of Oregon Park, Bucharest, an office project comprising 3 buildings, from Portland Trust
- LOGICOR, a pan-European logistics giant, as sell-side counsel, on the attempted sale of its Romanian portfolio consisting of several income producing assets together with a substantial land bank valued more than EUR 100 million, as well as all day-to-day matters in Romania
- ELEMENT INDUSTRIAL on its joint venture for the roll-out of a logistics platform with Dedeman and on the subsequent sale of Eli Park 1, an industrial park located in northern Bucharest
- ADVAL ASSET MANAGEMENT, a leading Romanian property manager, on the sale of its Cascade Office building in Bucharest, a class A office building with a total area of 4,300 sqm, to the regional property fund, Globe Trade Center (GTC), and on the sale of Media Center, a 9,600 sqm facility housing one of Romania’s leading newspapers, including its office and printing facilities
- A CONSORTIUM COMPOSED OF A LEADING CANADIAN PENSION-FUND BACKED GLOBAL REAL ESTATE INVESTOR AND LEADING CEE PLAYER on a contemplated acquisition of Lone Star’s majority stake (61%) in a Warsaw-listed property fund, Globe Trade Centre
- 2013 – 2015: HEC-Paris, France, Full-time MBA Program
- 2004 – 2008: University of Bucharest, Romania, Faculty of Law, Bachelor of Law
- Romanian Union of Lawyers
- Bucharest Bar Association
Romanian, English, French